Data Compare Excel Export Formatting Issue

Hi -
Love the data compare tool! In the app, only data that is different is highlighted in bright purple. But when it's exported to excel, the entire column is bright purple, which isn't useful at all. This didn't happen in previous Toad versions. We are on Toad for SQL Server 7.1.0.142 and Excel 16.0.
Can this be fixed or tell me how to get around it?
Thanx!

I can't reproduce, at least not on 7.2 of Toad/SQL Server to my Excel. Did you happen to change theme color options within Excel, by chance?

Hi Gary,
I just downloaded 7.4 hoping that would fix my export issue. It is still happening - Toad exports all columns with a bright purple, so you don't know what data is different. What version of Excel do you have? We are now on Version 2202 (Microsoft 365 Apps for Enterprise)

I thought that maybe my Toad Skin was interfering, so I tried the default skin with the same results. I'd be happy to send you a video if that would be helpful.

Thanx!

Yes, send a video and Dev at Quest will for sure be appreciative.
I'm using Excel (Office) 2016.

BTW, are you trying to export the data to an area involved with charting in your Excel sheet, by chance? From brief experience with charting, the data value ranges get colored differently... e.g. purple (I think) for X-plot values, blue (?) for Y-values, etc.

Hi -
I think I figured it out based on another post...
If I uncheck ALL options under comparison options, it will export properly. For obvious reasons, we may want to ignore things like whitespaces and timestamps, so it seems like a bug with the export extension since it looks ok in TOAD.

Also, is there a way to export the data without the empty blank columns?
Thanks for your quick response.

Are we talking about any old Export, or export the compare data, or ...?
If you know the columns whose values will be "blank" then the Export wizard allows you to uncheck those, per snap below.