Data Source Plugins

Is there a way to disable un-used Data Source “plugins” in TDA 3.1?

My TDA instances keep crashing during automation jobs due to the Terradata plugin - at least that’s what the error message says.

Here’s the thing, though: I don’t, and never have, used Terradata. I realize that some due - that’s great - but if I could just enable the plugins that I need, and not all of them, then that would be great.

It would certainly eliminate a very common and aggravating point of failure with TDA, since these crashes always seem to occur while I’m on vacation, and they’re treated as a hard-stop.

We fixed that in TDP 3.2. Can you upgrade? There are other ways but they are complicated and risky.

Debbie

I can’t, unless I can get a one-off build of 3.2 that includes the updated Excel 2010 code. Support informed me that the updated Excel component won’t be included with 3.2.

Debbie Peabody wrote:

We fixed that in TDP 3.2. Can you upgrade? There are other ways but they are complicated and risky.

Debbie

Okay, let me get a work around for you.

Debbie

Just delete the Teradata directory. See screenshot.

I just tried. In my case I had to delete my project manger file becuase I had references to Teradata.

Debbie
TeradataProvider.png

Thanks Debbie!

We have over 400 automated reports each week - we went from between 20-30% failing due to Terradata crashing to 0 by removing the plugin.