Does Toad for DB2 z/OS 5.3 need Toad tables to "extract DDL"?

I’m upgrading from Toad for DB2 z/OS 5.1 to 5.3. With 5.1 I could "extract DDL’ for a table and didn’t have to install any Toad specific table.

However, on 5.3 when I try to extract DDL for a table I get:

DB2Exception
ERROR [42704] [IBM][DB2] SQL0204N “QUEST.QCTEMPLATE_REPO200” is an undefined name.

ApplicationException

Query: SELECT * FROM QUEST.QCTEMPLATE_REPO200
where name in (‘QCSORTIN’, ‘QCSORTO’, ‘QCERROR’, ‘QCMAP’, ‘QCDISC’, ‘QCUNLDDN’, ‘QCERROR’, ‘QCSORTIN’, ‘QCSORTO’, ‘QCCPY1’)
FOR READ ONLY WITH UR

Are the Toad specific tables now required to do a ddl extract on db2 z/OS? If so, just curious why that is as I would think the DB2 SYSIBM.* catalog tables would be enough to extract DDL.

Thanks,

Carl

Carl,
This is a bug that was introduced in v5.3.
I opened up CR 108376 to track this issue.
If you install the optional Quest z/OS Components that error will go away.
Those z/OS componets really extend the features and functionality of Toad DB2 - so you eventually will probably want to do that!

Also as a work-around to get past this error, you can define the table in question by executing the DDL the attached file.

Hope this helps,
Jeff
RepoDDL.txt (1.94 KB)

Sometimes after CREATE\ALTER TABLE\TABLESPACE we need to generate CHECK DATA, REORG…e.t.c that’s why we queried that table.
We will reduce script generation dependence of that table when it is not needed.
You will be able to test it in the next 5.5 beta drop.
Thanks for your feedback.
Vlas

Thanks Jeff, I was watching this thread as I too was unable to extract DDL or Compare the DB2 Objects.

I executed the DDL and now I am able to extract DDL and compare.

Do you have any other DDL which I can execute to enhance the functionality without installing the Z/OS component?. We recently purchased three licenses but it may take a while for our systems programmers to install the optional components.

Thanks
AJ

AJ,
We really do not have other DDL that can add value.
You will have to install the z/OS components to get all the value add.
Thanks
Jeff

Thank you Jeff and Vlas.