Does Toad for Oracle have any scaffolding tools

Hello all,

Does Toad for Oracle have scaffolding tools. Sorry if my terminology is off, our .net developer was asking.

Thanks
Dave

I had to look up that term. Does Automation Designer count?

What are you trying to achieve?

ok so i will mess this up but it converts DDL to C# code. A quick look at Automation Designer and maybe. Does that have the ability to convert to C#?

I am really not sure the full details but I think its like automation designer.

I believe scaffolding is in the .net framework.

Oh, ok. No, that's not really what Automation Designer does. Automation Designer is more about stringing together various Toad functions into "apps" that you can run in Toad, or by command line, or from a scheduler.

Try "Make/Strip Code" in the Editor.

The button will convert editor contents to C++. You can click the dropdown to change it to C#. The button to the right converts in the other direction.

The result is copied to the clipboard, not updated in the editor.

If you need this to be an automated process (like maybe you have a bunch of files full of SQL and you want to convert them to C#), we could probably be add that to the Automation Designer, but it's not there now.

1 Like

Short answer is no.

The closest thing Toad for Oracle has regarding code scaffolding is our pre-populated PL/SQL Code Template library. Accessible in the Toad Editor via Ctl-Space shortcut.

However, Toad doesn't support the stitching together of these templates automatically (like a CASE gen engine would, for example)... if that's closer to what you're referring to...

No worries.

The developer has it mostly working. Its limitation is nested tables but just seeing if toad had any integration.

I tried the C## automation designer, wont work for what they are using it for. The output from Oracle EF Core Scaffold.

This is a little snip from his output.
using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore;

namespace EFPlay;

public partial class ModelContext : DbContext
{
public ModelContext()
{
}

public ModelContext(DbContextOptions<ModelContext> options)
    : base(options)
{
}

public virtual DbSet<DeCoolVendor> DeCoolVendor { get; set; }

protected override void OnConfiguring(DbContextOptionsBuilder optionsBuilder)
#warning To protect potentially sensitive information in your connection string, you should move it out of source code. You can avoid scaffolding the connection string by using the Name= syntax to read it from configuration - see Reverse Engineering - EF Core | Microsoft Learn. For more guidance on storing connection strings, see Connection Strings - EF Core | Microsoft Learn.
=> optionsBuilder.UseOracle("User ID=/;Data Source=playground.sandbox");

protected override void OnModelCreating(ModelBuilder modelBuilder)
{
    modelBuilder
        .HasDefaultSchema("CAT")
        .UseCollation("USING_NLS_COMP");

modelBuilder.Entity<DeCoolVendor>(entity =>
    {
        entity.ToTable("DEM_COOL_VENDOR", "COOL_SCHEMA");