ER Diagram Relationship

I looked into this a bit.

1. The column criteria allows for one ‘OR’ condition. So if your date ranges are in the Date Range tab you can set one in the Where row and one in the OR row.

2. To do more complex date handling you will need to freehand it using the Global Where Editor.

I don’t know Oracle date functions very well so what I did is opened up the Code Snippets. (Available from the View Menu). Find the Oracle section and expand the Singel-row Functions | DateTime Functions. Here are the oracle SQL functions. If you go to the Query tab of the Query Builder you can drag a code template onto the editor and edit it there. At the bottom of each snippet is a link to a help file covering the details of the function.

For your month filter you mention use the EXTRACT function.

WHERE EXTRACT (MONTH FROM order_date) = 3
OR EXTRACT (MONTH FROM order_date) = 6

Debbie

See my last posting. The Extract function accommodates the following argument types.

EXTRACT([ YEAR | MONTH | DAY | HOUR | MINUTE | SECOND ] FROM [ datetime_value_expression | interval_value_expression ])

How would I go upon for the full year broken down by month?

At this point it sounds like you might need to use a Pivot Grid to display the data instead of the query.

Thanks

How long those it take for a report to generate in a query. I notice that it sometimes drop the connection! What could cause the connection to drop when running the query?

Your database may have some policy restrictions and being killed. Is it a long running query? There are also some timeout values you can adjust in the application to see if this makes any difference. They are under Tools | Options | Database | Timeouts.

Yes, they are long running queries. Also what will be the best parameters for the timeout when running huge queries?

That depends on your database. I would just experiment or set to 0 as this means don’t ever timeout.

How can i select a date range that will provide me the information i need? See below

Message was edited by: Gus9624
Date Range.doc (214 KB)

How can i select a date range that will provide me the information i need? See below

Message was edited by: Gus9624
Date Range.doc (214 KB)

I have not heard a response on the email posted Aug. 27th…

Woops. I have been out of the office.
You can define date ranges by using the BETWEEN operator and using the drop downs for available dates or entering manually.

Debbie

P.S. On new topics can you start a new thread? This one is getting long and covers a couple different items.

Do you mean something like this?

UPDATE suppliers
SET supplier_name =
( SELECT customers.name
FROM customers
WHERE customers.customer_id = suppliers.supplier_id)
WHERE EXISTS
( SELECT customers.name
FROM customers
WHERE customers.customer_id = suppliers.supplier_id);