Error Message attempting to connect to DB2

Hi -

I just got done updating the local db2 drivers on my win7 64 bit machine and when I opened up Toad Data Point 3.4 afterwards I received several errors and it crashed the program. I wasn’t able to copy the crash report, but is there any reason that updating my windows drivers would cause Toad to crash?

If I attempt to create a DB2 connection within Toad I get an error that says:

Toad didn’t find DB2 client to work with.

Toad can work with another client if it matches in version Toad built with, however you don’t have {10.1.2} client installed

Any help is greatly appareciated.

Thank you,

Trent

What IBM drivers did you install/update?

Do you have DB2 64-bit or DB2 32- bit clients on your machine?

Is there a way to capture the error message that you see before Toad closes?

Can you export your registry settings for this key and all sub keys into a file and post that?

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\IBM\DB2]

Hi Jeff –

I exported the registry settings and attached them.  I’m running DB2 64-bit client.  The error message that I see is exactly what I typed in

my original post. I didn’t have any IBM drivers installed prior to this so I didn’t really update anything; rather I just installed the drivers provide by our internal departments.

Thanks,

Trent Loyd

From: Jeff Podlasek [mailto:bounce-Jeff_Podlasek@toadworld.com]

Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2014 11:07 AM

To: toaddatapoint@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad Data Point - Discussion Forum] Error Message attempting to connect to DB2

RE: Error Message attempting to connect to DB2

Reply by Jeff Podlasek

Can you export your registry settings for this key and all sub keys into a file and post that?

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad Data Point - General
notifications altogether.

Toad Data Point - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

The information in this Internet Email is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this Email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution
or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. When addressed to our clients any opinions or advice contained in this Email are subject to the terms and conditions expressed in any applicable governing The
Home Depot terms of business or client engagement letter. The Home Depot disclaims all responsibility and liability for the accuracy and content of this attachment and for any damages or losses arising from any inaccuracies, errors, viruses, e.g., worms, trojan
horses, etc., or other items of a destructive nature, which may be contained in this attachment and shall not be liable for direct, indirect, consequential or special damages in connection with this e-mail message or its attachment.

I just attempted to add DB2 connection again and got the following two error messages:

Error Msg 1:

System.EntryPointNotFoundException

Unable to find an entry point named ‘SQLFreeConnAttribsADONET’ in DLL ‘db2app.dll’.

Stack Trace:

at IBM.Data.DB2.UnsafeNativeMethods.DB232.SQLFreeConnAttribsADONET(DB2SQLGetConnAttribsADONETParams& pParam)

at IBM.Data.DB2.ConnSettingsFromXmlConfig.Dispose(Boolean disposing)

at IBM.Data.DB2.ConnSettingsFromXmlConfig.Finalize()

Error Msg 2:

System.EntryPointNotFoundException

Unable to find an entry point named ‘SQLFreeConnAttribsADONET’ in DLL ‘db2app.dll’.

Stack Trace:

at IBM.Data.DB2.UnsafeNativeMethods.DB232.SQLFreeConnAttribsADONET(DB2SQLGetConnAttribsADONETParams& pParam)

at IBM.Data.DB2.ConnSettingsFromXmlConfig.Dispose(Boolean disposing)

at IBM.Data.DB2.ConnSettingsFromXmlConfig.Dispose()

at IBM.Data.DB2.DB2ConnPool.ReplaceConnectionStringParms(DB2Connection connection, String szValue, DB2ConnSettings& pSettings, DB2ConnSettingsInternal&

pSettingsInternal, Boolean bAttach, Boolean pushDownStrAppended)

at IBM.Data.DB2.DB2Connection.set_ConnectionString(String value)

at IBM.Data.DB2.DB2Connection…ctor(String connectionString)

at Quest.Toad.DB2.DB2ToadConnection.CreateConnection()

at Quest.Toad.Db.Connection.AllocConnection()

at Quest.Toad.Db.Connection.Connect(Boolean notify)

at Quest.Toad.Db.Provider.BackgroundConnector.CreateBackgroundConnection()

Thanks for the help!

Trent Loyd

From: trent_e_loyd [mailto:bounce-trent_e_loyd@toadworld.com]

Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2014 12:32 PM

Subject: RE: [Toad Data Point - Discussion Forum] Error Message attempting to connect to DB2

Reply by trent_e_loyd

Hi Jeff –

I exported the registry settings and attached them.  I’m running DB2 64-bit client.  The error message that I see is exactly what I typed in

my original post. I didn’t have any IBM drivers installed prior to this so I didn’t really update anything; rather I just installed the drivers provide by our internal departments.

Thanks,

Trent Loyd

Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2014 11:07 AM

Reply by Jeff Podlasek

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

The information in this Internet Email is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this Email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution
or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. When addressed to our clients any opinions or advice contained in this Email are subject to the terms and conditions expressed in any applicable governing The
Home Depot terms of business or client engagement letter. The Home Depot disclaims all responsibility and liability for the accuracy and content of this attachment and for any damages or losses arising from any inaccuracies, errors, viruses, e.g., worms, trojan
horses, etc., or other items of a destructive nature, which may be contained in this attachment and shall not be liable for direct, indirect, consequential or special damages in connection with this e-mail message or its attachment.

Attachments:

db2.txt

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

For some reason it looks like your DB2 registry entries somehow got modified.

Perhaps that install of DB2 client juked those entries.

And now TDP cannot locate the DB2 client it needs to use (TACOM34).

Even though there are some registry entries for TACOM34 - not all are there.

I would suggest uninstalling TDP and reinstalling it.

That should get the DB2 registry settings that TDP needs back.

Hi Jeff –

I did as you recommended and uninstalled TDP, but when I attempt to re-install it I receive this error:

Does Toad need a 32-bit version for DB2 to work?

Thanks,

Trent Loyd

Manager, Digital Content

Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2014 4:22 PM

Reply by Jeff Podlasek

For some reason it looks like your DB2 registry entries somehow got modified.

Perhaps that install of DB2 client juked those entries.

And now TDP cannot locate the DB2 client it needs to use (TACOM34).

Even though there are some registry entries for TACOM34 - not all are there.

I would suggest uninstalling TDP and reinstalling it.

That should get the DB2 registry settings that TDP needs back.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

I would like you to verify the existing IBM DB2 client you have on your machine.

Please verify that you have this off your Start - All programs menu:

TDP2.jpeg

Please open the DB2 CLP and type in exit,the db2level as shown.

TDP1.jpeg

(I want to see if it is a 32-bit or 64-bit DB2 client).

Hi Jeff –

Thanks for all of the help!  I went ahead and uninstalled the 64-bit client that I installed prior to receiving your response.  I then went

ahead and reinstalled TDP and it is now working!

Thanks again, I really appreciate the help!

Trent Loyd

Sent: Thursday, January 16, 2014 1:35 PM

Reply by Jeff Podlasek

I would like you to verify the existing IBM DB2 client you have on your machine.

Please verify that you have this off your Start - All programs menu:

Please open the DB2 CLP and type in exit,the db2level as shown.

(I want to see if it is a 32-bit or 64-bit DB2 client).

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.