Error Message Using TDA

Hello,

What does this mean

System.InvalidCastException
Unable to cast object of type ‘Quest.Toad.DB2.DB2ToadConnection’ to type ‘Quest.Toad.Odbc.OdbcToadConnection’.
Stack Trace:
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method, Object[] args)
at Quest.Toad.Util.Global.Invoke(Delegate handler, Object[] args)
at Quest.Toad.Db.ToadDataAdapter.RaiseDone(Object sender, EventArgs args)
at Quest.Toad.Db.ToadDataAdapter.InternalFillBackground()

I have a Db2 table and an access table in QB and when I execute it I get the above

Thanks
Paul

Sorry it took so long to answer this post. The email got sent to my junk mail.

What version are you using Cross-Conneciton in? In the latest Beta, 3.1.0.278 the DB2 LUW + Access combo works fine for me.

In the GA releases there were issues with Cross-Connection in the BASE edition. The PRO edition is also fine.

What are you using?

Debbie

Hello Debbie,

Thgis is my first attempts at using TDA, I took th latesversion availabale
onthe Prduction support site and downloaded that and Installed it , this was version 3.0.1.1734

I’m not clear on what you are asking about for Cross Connection In, I was uisng an access 2007 database.

Please let me know.

Thanks
Paul

I am assuming that you are trying to use Access and DB2 in the same query? Is that correct? We call this a Cross-Query.

For Toad for Data Analysts 3.0 there are two versions, Base and Professional. The Cross-Query execution piece is different in the two versions. The Base edition has an error and does not work with DB2. CR91605.

The Cross-Query execution piece in the Pro edition works great. So if you are checking out Cross-Query, I would down load and try the Pro Trial version.

To determine if you have Pro or Base, see the About box. See screenshot.

Debbie
BaseEdition.png

Hello,

When will Baseline be repaired ?

What License is required to use Pro TDA beyond the 30 day trial.

Thanks
Paul

I am currently asking that the Base edition Cros-Query be removed from the product. It basiclly uses Access to do the cross-query and I feel it is so slow and error prone it is not up to production quality.

The Pro version requires a pro commerical license. There are some intro prices for this package but I do not know what they are. The Pro edition includes embedded database, data visualization, data cleansing, etc. Check out the trial and if you are interested I can get the price for you.

Debbie