Type spool C:\My_data.txt

Query1;

Query2;

Query3;

QueryN;

Then hit F5.

Voila, no mouse.

Toad 10.8 will have voice activated commands, just like your iPhone. Until
then, the mouse can be a handy instrument.

In 9.7, you can also program a keyboard shortcut for SaveAs, as it’s tied
to the ‘Grid’ menu. You’ll have to hit F2 first to switch
focus to the grid, but there’s another no-mouse solution.

but i don want to use any mouse or anythin…!

would b running multiple queries whereby results must get saved as csv or psv or any other plain text file.

but i don want to use any mouse or anythin......!

would b running multiple queries whereby results must get
saved as csv or psv or any other plain text file.

I think you need the command line option to run a query and dump the
output? If so, look in Toad's help for "command line" and the topics
there should explain all.

Good luck.

Cheers,
Norm. [TeamT]

Information in this message may be confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify the sender immediately, delete it and do not copy it to anyone else. We have checked this email and its attachments for viruses. But you should still check any attachment before opening it. We may have to make this message and any reply to it public if asked to under the Freedom of Information Act, Data Protection Act or for litigation. Email messages and attachments sent to or from any Environment Agency address may also be accessed by someone other than the sender or recipient, for business purposes. If we have sent you information and you wish to use it please read our terms and conditions which you can get by calling us on 08708 506 506. Find out more about the Environment Agency at www.environment-agency.gov.uk

Information in this message may be confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify the sender immediately, delete it and do not copy it to anyone else.

We have checked this email and its attachments for viruses. But you should still check any attachment before opening it.
We may have to make this message and any reply to it public if asked to under the Freedom of Information Act, Data Protection Act or for litigation. Email messages and attachments sent to or from any Environment Agency address may also be accessed by someone other than the sender or recipient, for business purposes.

If we have sent you information and you wish to use it please read our terms and conditions which you can get by calling us on 08708 506 506. Find out more about the Environment Agency at www.environment-agency.gov.uk

Unfortunately this will only save one file and not one per query.

At first I thought that request was pointless. But then I remembered way back
when Toad had a command called EDIT which inserted a ROWID so you could edit in
the grid.

Instead of typing SELECT rowid, a, b, c FROM d you said EDIT a, b, c from d .
This still exists but you have to type it all on one line because of the way the
MOE works.

So I think a similar possibility could to have a SPOOLSELECT Toad command. You
would type SPOOLSELECT (filename.ext) a, b, c FROM d and it would run the
SELECT, look at the extension and produce an appropriate TXT or XLS or whatever
file using the existing EXPORT DATASET code.

You might even go further and have several parameters:

SPOOLSELECT (filename.ext, [ [grid,nogrid,newsession] ] )

Where GRID, noGRID or newsession indicate if you want to see it in a grid, if it
should just spool (nogrid) or if you want it to spawn a new connection and run
so you can continue.
image001.jpeg

He never said he needed multiple files J

Thanks a lot…!
sorry for delayed reply…am workin more on tht…lets c…!

Will ask for more help as and when need…!