Foreigh key columns not highlighted

I’m on TDM 3.6.6.7, MySQL 5.1 db.

I created a relationship between a parent and child table. I have only select “mandatory parent”.
In previous versions of TDM after FK was created the child key columns used to establish the relationship were displayed in blue color and PFK identifier. I don’t see that happening anymore though still I can see it in other tables created with previous TDM versions… I can see the relation was established and I can see the generated statement correctly.

Any idea why FK columns are not being displayed as “PFK”?

Thanks.

FK columns are marked as “PFK” if the relationship is identifying. If the relationship is non-identifying, then the FK columns are marked as “FK”.

Well, I have all my FKs created having only selected “Mandatory parent” and they are shown as PFK.

Anyway, is not showing neither FK as you have mentioned. Here is the SQL statement generated by TDM:

ALTER TABLE child_table ADD CONSTRAINT FK_ID FOREIGN KEY (Id) REFERENCES parent_table (Id) ON DELETE NO ACTION ON UPDATE NO ACTION;

I ticked “Identifying” option and still is not shown as PFK. Is this a bug? I’m comparing with other FKs in the same model that shows OK and I don’t see anything wrong. :frowning:

Hi,

can you send us your model to modeling@quest.com, please?
BTW: please try to create another model for the same target database, e.g. Oracle 11g R2 and create three entities, put one PK into parent and then draw one identifying relationship between the parent and one child and one non-identifying relationship between the parent and the second child table. You should see the difference immediately. In order to make identifying and non-identifying relationship please use the two icons on toolbar.

Regards,

Vaclav