Freeware or not freeware?

I downloaded Toad Data Modeler freeware about a month ago and I now get a warning when starting it saying “Your license will expire in 93 days”…

Is this version freeware or not freeware?

Hello Eric,

Freeware version has several limitations, time limit is one of them. Each freeware version expires on a set date, or 360 days after first run, whichever comes sooner.

Release notes of freeware versions contain the time limit dates in the Product Licensing section. For example - TDM 5.3 freeware expires on October 1, 2016 or 360 days after first run. Once your free version expires, simply download the new freeware version and continue using TDM. Speaking of which, you might want to try out the new TDM 5.4 freeware.

Regards,

Lukas

Hi Lukas,

I have always been a great fan of this application (I used a lot Case Studio)

Thanks for the answer. I’m glad I can carry on using it!
J

Eric

Eric Mamet

Business Intelligence Developer

GfK | Dukes Court, Duke Street Woking, Surrey GU21 5BH | UK

T +44 2078 909 231 | M +44 7800773513

www.gfk.com
| facebook
| twitter
| LinkedIn
| GfKTube

Eric Mamet on LinkedIn

From: Lukas Knapek [mailto:bounce-LukasKnapek@toadworld.com]

Sent: 01 July 2015 08:27

To: tdm@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad Data Modeler - Discussion Forum] Freeware or not freeware?

RE: Freeware or not freeware?

Reply by Lukas Knapek

Hello Eric,

Freeware version has

several limitations
, time limit is one of them. Each freeware version expires on a set date, or 360 days after first run, whichever happens sooner.

Release notes of freeware versions contain the time limit dates in the
Product Licensing section. For example - TDM 5.3 freeware expires on ** October 1, 2016** or
360 days after first run. Once your free version expires, simply download the new freeware version and continue using TDM. Speaking of which, you might want to try out the new

TDM 5.4 freeware

Regards,

Lukas

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad Data Modeler - General
notifications altogether.

Toad Data Modeler - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

This e-mail (and any attachment/s) contains confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this

e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material

in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

This Outbound message has been checked for all viruses by MessageLabs. The service is delivered in partnership with MessageLabs on behalf of GfK Retail and Technology UK Ltd. This service does not scan any password protected or encrypted attachments.

While GfK has taken every reasonable precaution to minimise this risk, we cannot accept liability

for any damage which you sustain as a result of software viruses.

You should carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachment.

GfK Retail and Technology UK Ltd. - Registered Office: Ludgate House, 245 Blackfriars Road, London SE1 9UK, United Kingdom, Registration Number: 2450463, Registered in England