Toad World® Forums

Future of SQL Navigator

Dear Quest Team,

the latest official SQL Navigator version 7.6 contains a bug which makes it difficult to work with the integrated team coding in combination with Azure Dev Ovs Server (formerly known as TFS).

This bug has been fixed with V7.7 beta last year. But the monthly release of this beta version has stopped in Okt. 2020.

We still would like to wait for a final release of V7.7 (instead of switching back to a version < 7.3 which did not contain this team coding bug).
But we are uncertain if the developement of SQLNav still is going on as there are no further beta versions and there is no official response in the beta thread.

So kindly would any official Quest team member give a short feedback if it is still worth to wait for a final release of V7.7 ?

Thank you and best regards,
Martin

5 Likes

Hi,
On my inquiry to this subject, I received this mail on 08.02.2021:

Hello Andre,
This is what I received from the product manager:
“SQL Navigator is a mature product that is actively maintained—it is certainly not dead. We have paused delivery for a short period of time, and while we do not ever commit particular release dates or features, I can say that we expect to deliver a new release this summer.
Is there a specific feature you were looking for in an upcoming release?”
Please contact me and let me know.
Thank you,
Ondrej Zizka
Quest
support.quest.com

PS: And just by the way: My company just paid the maintenance fees again....

1 Like

Thank you for this update.

At least there was hope in Pandoras box! :expressionless:

False hope? Flatline on the monitors...

Any news on this front? The "short period of time" is over, and so is summer (soon).

this endless summer :unamused::zzz: