Generation Order - Triggers

Hi.

I have a situation where I need to move a trigger from right after the table, to after the packages are generated.

The trigger uses some of the functions in the package, but the package must be generated after the table as it relies on the table to set the data types in the function calls.

Is there a way to move the generation of a trigger from immediately after the table, to somewhere later in the file?

Thanks
CDC

Hi,

when you generate your SQL code (F9), on tab Detail Settings there group box Order of Generated Objects and button Edit inside the groupbox. Click this button to open the Order of Generated Objects dialog and do the following:

Select your Package and use green arrows to move it after your Entity. Next, click the Extension tab on the same dialog, select row Entity Triggers and press F2 and change the value to After Create Table section. See enclosed screenshots.

Regards,

Vaclav
orderobjects1.png

Hi,

when you generate your SQL code (F9), on tab Detail Settings there group box Order of Generated Objects and button Edit inside the groupbox. Click this button to open the Order of Generated Objects dialog and do the following:

Select your Package and use green arrows to move it after your Entity. Next, click the Extension tab on the same dialog, select row Entity Triggers and press F2 and change the value to After Create Table section. See enclosed screenshots.

Regards,

Vaclav
orderobjects.png

Thanks

That was exactly what I was looking for.

CDC

So I was looking for too

Thanks a lot.