getting an error message relevant to special character /

SELECT DISTINCT T2.PROVPARENTID AS PARID,

T2.ZIP,

T2.PHONE,

T2.FAX,

10/21/2009 10:50:13 AM 0:00:01.093: Toad for Data Analysts: ORA-00923: FROM keyword not found where expected

SUTTER_NATIONAL.sql:6:483: SELECT DISTINCT T2.PROVPARENTID AS PARID,

which i need to display as a field title

help thank you

I have an error message complain about special character / as part of O/P

SUM (DECODE (T1.SERVICECATID, ‘HME’, 1, NULL)) AS HME,SUM (DECODE (T1.SERVICECATID, ‘O/P’, 1, NULL)) AS O/P

the error code:

Double quote the field alias --> AS “O/P”

Debbie

thank you very much. I feel bad and think should have known this.
could not do it without your help

Did not have the chance earlier to further comment on the hiccuups i have been having during the creation of an Automation script and the use of copy file for the multiple tab situation and naming with the use of send email activity.
I have to revcreate from scratch if anything had to change other wise rlevant would not be attached and application create a new file for me or get the following error fyi:-
Automation Logging:10/21/2009 8:47:09 AM: Build startedAutomation Logging:10/21/2009 8:47:19 AM: ‘System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException’ while invoking the validator ‘System.Workflow.ComponentModel.Compiler.CompositeActivityValidator’ on activity ‘Workflow1’: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path ‘W:\FL-Tampa-Woodland\RNCBSC\DM\Scripts Run in TOAD\MonthlyReports\ScriptEditor\LOVELACE_NATIONAL.sql’. at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy) at System.IO.FileStream…ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options) at System.IO.StreamReader…ctor(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize) at System.IO.StreamReader…ctor(String path) at Quest.Toad.Workflow.Activities.Database.BindVariableCheck.GetSql(String SqlScript) at Quest.Toad.Workflow.Activities.Database.BindVariableCheck.SqlScriptContainsUndefinedBindVariables(String sqlScriptpath, String connectionType, Activity act, List`1& sqlBindVars) at Quest.Toad.Workflow.Activities.Database.SelectToExcelActivityValidator.Validate(ValidationManager manager, Object obj) at System.Workflow.ComponentModel.Compiler.ValidationHelpers.ValidateObject(ValidationManager manager, Object obj) at System.Workflow.ComponentModel.Compiler.ValidationHelpers.ValidateActivity(ValidationManager manager, Activity activity) at System.Workflow.ComponentModel.Compiler.CompositeActivityValidator.Validate(ValidationManager manager, Object obj) at Quest.Toad.Workflow.Activities.Database.DatabaseConnectionActivityValidator.Validate(ValidationManager manager, Object obj) at System.Workflow.ComponentModel.Compiler.ValidationHelpers.ValidateObject(ValidationManager manager, Object obj) at System.Workflow.ComponentModel.Compiler.ValidationHelpers.ValidateActivity(ValidationManager manager, Activity activity) at System.Workflow.ComponentModel.Compiler.CompositeActivityValidator.Validate(ValidationManager manager, Object obj) at System.Workflow.ComponentModel.Compiler.XomlCompilerHelper.ValidateActivity(Activity activity, WorkflowCompilerParameters parameters, WorkflowCompilerResults results)

Automation Logging:10/21/2009 8:47:19 AM: Build Failed

Glad to help.

I added a fix for the overwriting an existing Excel file and specifically naming a single worksheet. You can download and install next weeks Beta to check out. I am not able to do this for naming multiple worksheets so you may need to keep to the work around I gave you.

The errors that you display in this posting look like the file at ‘W:\FL-Tampa-Woodland\RNCBSC\DM\Scripts Run in TOAD\MonthlyReports\ScriptEditor\LOVELACE_NATIONAL.sql’ was not available at the time you were trying to run the automation script. Can you try opening this file in a windows explorer?

Debbie