HELP! Installation of Component Toad for Oracle Failed - Error 18

I’m trying to install the trial version of toad for oracle. I actually downloaded the developer suite and everything installed just fine except for the toad for oracle component. i get a message reading “the installation of component toad for oracle trial has failed with the following error: 18”. I am running windows vista. i have the oracle developer’s suite installed on my machine (10g). I also have a db instance of oracle 11g running.

Please tell me what the problem is…anyone??

for anyone else that may run into this problem…

Okay, so I disabled my firewall and application filtering and then double clicked the “ToadforOracle105SetupTrial.msi” found where the install files were extracted to instead of using the main installer for the whole suite of tools. THIS WORKED!!

Oracle Kid-

dont forget…you need the right version of Microsoft Installer

Martin Gainty

Verzicht und Vertraulichkeitanmerkung/Note de déni et de confidentialité

Diese Nachricht ist vertraulich. Sollten Sie nicht der vorgesehene Empfaenger
sein, so bitten wir hoeflich um eine Mitteilung. Jede unbefugte Weiterleitung
oder Fertigung einer Kopie ist unzulaessig. Diese Nachricht dient lediglich dem
Austausch von Informationen und entfaltet keine rechtliche Bindungswirkung.
Aufgrund der leichten Manipulierbarkeit von E-Mails koennen wir keine Haftung
fuer den Inhalt uebernehmen.

Ce message est confidentiel et peut être privilégié. Si vous n’êtes pas le destinataire prévu, nous te demandons avec bonté que pour satisfaire informez l’expéditeur. N’importe quelle diffusion non autorisée ou la copie de ceci est interdite. Ce message sert à l’information seulement et n’aura pas n’importe quel effet légalement obligatoire. Étant donné que les email peuvent facilement être sujets à la manipulation, nous ne pouvons accepter aucune responsabilité pour le contenu fourni.