heterogeneous query - Sybase and Oracle fails

Hi,

I am trying to create a query using Sybase and Oracle tables; however the query fails.

In the documentation it says that for heterogeneous query to work, MS Access should be uninstalled . I cannot uninstall MSAccess; is there a way for query to work without un-installing MS Access?

Regards,
Roy

Hi Roy,

I think you misread the help. It states that you should NOT uninstall MS Access if you need to create a heterogeneous query. I’m not certain why a Sybase and Oracle query would fail.

–Shannon

Can you post the SQL and the error?

Debbie

, Interchanges.Branch_Nr

, DW_INTERCHANGE_DETAIL.INTCH_OUT_PARKING_LOCATION

, DW_INTERCHANGE_DETAIL.LEASE_PERIOD_CD

INNER JOIN

{{Odbc(“DRIVER=Adaptive Server Enterprise (TDA);UID=read;SERVER=geese07.eem.em.ge.com;PORT=34001;APP=Toad for Data Analysts;PWD={0};DB=OPSals;,9727A68C989DA64F8912F57FF1E554A5”)}}.[dbo.Interchanges] Interchanges

ON (CVAR(Interchanges.Intch_Key) = CVAR(DW_INTERCHANGE_DETAIL.INTCH_KEY))

I have tried to use different drivers but doesn’t work.

Thanks,
Roy

Correct. I misread the documentation.

Here’s the error
[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] ODBC–call failed.

The Query I am trying to execute
SELECT TOP 1 Interchanges.Company_NrFROM {{Odbc(“DRIVER={Microsoft ODBC for Oracle};CONNECTSTRING=(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=gbldcesedb01.eem.em.ge.com)(PORT=1530))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=safprd)));UID=READ;PWD={0};,9C97E144DAF19B6840E4449C33A70081”)}}.“SAFARI_DW.DW_INTERCHANGE_DETAIL” DW_INTERCHANGE_DETAIL