how do you generate foreign key names in v5.3

I’ve got a model which I migrated from v4.x on SQL Server 2008. In 4.x, when I created a foreign key, I would give it a name like FK_tab2_tab1, so when it would be generated, it would appear like:

ALTER TABLE [dbo].tab2 ADD CONSTRAINT [FK_tab2_tab1] FOREIGN KEY REFERENCES [dbo].[tab1] ([id]) ON UPDATE NO ACTION ON DELETE NO ACTION

In v5.3, after converting the model, I get:

ALTER TABLE [dbo].tab2 ADD FOREIGN KEY REFERENCES [dbo].[tab1] ([id]) ON UPDATE NO ACTION ON DELETE NO ACTION

How do I get Toad Data Modeler v5.3 to generate what I was generating in v4.x?

Thanks ahead of time for help on this…

Hello Tom,

Could you please check if you have the Generate Contraint Names (Foreign Key) option checked in DDL Script Generation | Detail Settings tab?

contraints1.png

This option should be checked by default, but if you have migrated your TDM 4.X model, it may have somehow got disabled in the process. We reproduced your issue and found out that the option is the most possible cause.

Regards,

Lukas

Thank you for that. That was it. Somehow, when I migrated the model, the option got unchecked.

You usually check these once and then forget about them. And when there is a problem, you have to hunt and peck till you find that option again…

Thanks again, much appreciated!