Thank you for the reply. =) Questions and Answers below.
We believe, the file was a TSM copy-paste converted via editor to SQL, but when we opened the file(s) it had changed to XML schema language. At this time we still do not know the trigger or timing of the change. Granted I don’t have a ton of experience, but it looks like code for the actual layout & formatting of the diagramed view of the that query, instead of the SQL behind it. I say this because the code has has extra table and formatting references. Thank you for your help! Have a great day.
- Why do you think that the files are corrupted?
The image above is from TDP viewing the corrupted file, and it won’t run any version we have (3.1 - 4.3).
- What happens when you open a file? Do you get an error?
“Toad has determined this is a large file. Using a very large file can impact performance in the Editor”
and then when trying to “Run SQL or Script” ORA-00900: invalid SQL statement. At the mn at the beginning of the file.
Send to editor, says cannot be modelled.
- What was the version of TDP that the files were created? Do you open the files with a newer version? What version do you use?
I am unsure. I believe this was created in TDP 3 or below. Being used in 3.1 and 3.8. I use 4.3.
- Do you have (or know) DB connections that have been used when the files were created
RPTP Banner 8 using Oracle 11g.
- What info do you try to get from the files?
1 data set from multiple linked tables within the same DB connection.