IMP 00022 failed to process parameters, type IMP HELP=Y for help TOAD

Hallo!I am totally new to Toad.I would like to import data in csv format with 2,000,000 rows into an Oracle 11gR2 table.The database is hosted on HP-UX Itanium.I am using Toad 9.6.0.27 running on Windows 7 Professional.

I have followed the instructions below to achieve this

1. Open DBA→Sql Loader Wizard

2. Choose “build a new control file”. Next.

3. Click “Add”. Choose your comma-delimited or tab-delimited file. Next

.4. Click “Add”. Choose your table.

1. If you are loading a comma-delimited file, type a comma in the “all fields delimited by” combo box. If you are loading a tab-delimited file, select “TAB” from the “all fields delimited by” combo box. Next

.6. Choose a “load method” noting the following:§ TRUNCATE will erase whatever is in the table before loading.§ INSERT will insert data if table is empty but will return an error if table has any data in it.§ APPEND will insert data without deleting any existing data. You might get duplicates this way but it’s a good method if you’re trying to get that last line that somehow got munged for some reason or another

.7. If your file has column headers in its first row, type a 1 in the skip box. Next

.8. Type a control file name in the control file name box. Next

.9. Choose either “execute now” to load the data now or “just build the control file” to build the .ctl file. Once you have the ctl file theoretically you don’t even need TOAD, as you could just use sqlloader on any machine that has sqlloader and can connect to the database. But why would you want to. :slight_smile: I choose execute now.

I have loaded SQL*Loader into Toad as below as I have Oracle 10g Developer installed on my machine

Go to View - Options - Executables. Insert path to SQL*Loader utility (and any other you need/use), for example " C:\DevSuiteHome_2\BIN\imp.exe".Unfortunately,when I choose execute now,I get the errors below
LRM-00101: unknown parameter name ‘control’

IMP-00022: failed to process parameters, type ‘IMP HELP=Y’ for help

IMP-00000: Import terminated unsuccessfully

How can I resolve this?Thanks.

You are confusing IMP with SQLLDR, those are very different programs. Make sure
the SQLLDR exe is being pointed to for SQL Loader, not IMP.EXE which is for
Oracle IMPORT.