Import Excel spreadsheet with dates

Each week I use Toad to import an Excel spreadsheet which includes several columns with dates. Since I upgraded to v.15 and now v.16 of Toad the import fails with a message that the dates have an invalid format. I have tried modifying the format for the date import options and I get the same error. I can do the import using v.14 still without any special configuration on the same computer against the same database.

What do I need to do so I can do this in Toad v.16? I couldn't find any obvious change in the release notes that would cause this.

It may just be a matter of configuring the date format on the import table wizard, but if not....

Can you work up a small example for me?

This is the one that works (14.2.104.1069)

This is the one that gives an error. (16.0.90.1509)

The excel file is in xlsx format. I start with a .csv export of data and then bring it into Excel. I apply the automatic table format to the data and change some of the colors and column widths. Then I send it to another user who fills in some dates and strings in some columns then I import the spreadsheet using Toad to get the columns I need. When I follow the same steps in the 14 version of Toad it works, when I do it in the 15 or 16 version of Toad I get an error that the date format isn't right.

Hi Edgar,

We test the data import with every build that we produce. So I think there is something about your data that Toad doesn't like. Can you send me your Excel file? If the file contains sensitive data, feel free to just send a few rows with the sensitive data removed or replaced with X's, etc. You can email to to me at john.dorlon@quest.com

Thanks

Incase anyone else is following this, the error only happened when the "Use Array DML" option was unchecked.

It will be fixed in Monday's beta.