Importing user setting to Toad version 12 from Toad version 10

Hi,

I am a support admin and not very familiar to Toad / oracle world. I have been asked to urgently upgrade our Toad form version 10 to 12 as our database is getting upgraded to 12C.

I am not able to figure out if I can use a silent script to import user settings from Toad 10 to Toad 12. Most of the places talks about how to import from 10 to 11 but not how to do it form 10 to 12. If I copy %appdata%roaming/Quest Software/toad for Oracel/10.5 to the new %%Toad for Oracle/12.8, will it work? The number of files being imported across seems to be differen when I do ‘Utilities | Copy User Settings’ vs importing straight from 10. This might be a dumb question but any sort of assistance would be helpful.

Hi Andy,

The number of files converted will be different when using the ‘Utilities | Copy User Settings’ menu option because there are files that are compatible and files that aren’t between different versions. The ‘Copy User Settings’ dialog has logic to determine which files are compatible and which ones aren’t and tries to take care of much of that for you. However, you don’t really need to perform that step manually.

Officially, I believe we only support importing user settings up to two versions back; however, Toad will still do its best to automatically import a user’s settings when the user first launches Toad, and it will try to account for any incompatibilities. So, all you should need to do is run the silent install on the user’s machine. The first time the user launches the new version of Toad, it should import their settings automatically.

-John

Sent: Thursday, January 21, 2016 7:29 PM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Importing user setting to Toad version 12 from Toad version 10

Importing user setting to Toad version 12 from Toad version 10

Thread created by andy.patel
Hi,

I am a support admin and not very familiar to Toad / oracle world. I have been asked to urgently upgrade our Toad form version 10 to 12 as our database is getting upgraded to 12C.

I am not able to figure out if I can use a silent script to import user settings from Toad 10 to Toad 12. Most of the places talks about how to import from 10 to 11 but not how to do it form 10 to 12. If I copy %appdata%roaming/Quest Software/toad for Oracel/10.5 to the new %%Toad for Oracle/12.8, will it work? The number of files being imported across seems to be differen when I do ‘Utilities | Copy User Settings’ vs importing straight from 10. This might be a dumb question but any sort of assistance would be helpful.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Thanks for the insight John :slight_smile: