Is there a button/command to comment selected text in the Editor

I amnew to TOAD.
I was wondering if there is a button or command to comment commands in the Editor.

thanks

Hi William,

I was wondering if there is a button or command to comment
commands in the Editor.

Highlight the code you want to comment (or uncomment), right click and
select "comment code" the select "comment block" to comment it,. or
"uncomment block" to do the opposite.

This works by prefixing each line highlighted with '--' comment markers
to comment or removing same to uncomment. It won't uncomment a
multi-line comment enclosed in '/' and '/' though.

Cheers,
Norm. [TeamT]

Information in this message may be confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify the sender immediately, delete it and do not copy it to anyone else. We have checked this email and its attachments for viruses. But you should still check any attachment before opening it. We may have to make this message and any reply to it public if asked to under the Freedom of Information Act, Data Protection Act or for litigation. Email messages and attachments sent to or from any Environment Agency address may also be accessed by someone other than the sender or recipient, for business purposes. If we have sent you information and you wish to use it please read our terms and conditions which you can get by calling us on 08708 506 506. Find out more about the Environment Agency at www.environment-agency.gov.uk

Information in this message may be confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify the sender immediately, delete it and do not copy it to anyone else.

We have checked this email and its attachments for viruses. But you should still check any attachment before opening it.
We may have to make this message and any reply to it public if asked to under the Freedom of Information Act, Data Protection Act or for litigation. Email messages and attachments sent to or from any Environment Agency address may also be accessed by someone other than the sender or recipient, for business purposes.

If we have sent you information and you wish to use it please read our terms and conditions which you can get by calling us on 08708 506 506. Find out more about the Environment Agency at www.environment-agency.gov.uk

If it is just one, just make it a comment by putting two dashes up front

If it is multiple then highlight all the statements you want to become comments
and click on EDIT è COMMENT BLOCK

If you want to uncomment the HIGHLIGHT the statements and click on EDIT è
UNCOMMENT BLOCK

You can use standard windows methods to add those two as buttons to any button
line.
image001.jpeg

Yes, there are editor toolbar buttons you can add, or else highlight the text you want commented and ctrl-shift-c works (I can’t remember if that is the default hot-key, but it is the one I’ve been using for years).

I use Ctrl-B to comment and Shift-Ctrl-B to uncomment.

I’m guessing these are the defaults as I don’t recall setting them for a recent fresh install.

Kevin.

Hey, that works very nicely. J Thank you.

Not that it would make any sense to bold code, but my first thought was that
Ctrl-B would do just that.

Dan

Daniel B Madvig
Computer Technologies

Northwestern College & Northwestern Media
3003 Snelling Ave.
St. Paul, MN 55113
www.nwc.edu

image001.jpeg

thanks.

The right-click context menu is wonderful. Check it out. All you have to do
is highlight the code you want commented/uncommented, right-click, then select
the comment section where you comment or uncomment the block.

RAS