Is there an equivalent function to datediff() for oracle databases

I was following along with the toad workbook 101 video (Toad Data Point Workbook 101: The Ins and Outs) and really wanting to replicate the presenter's use of the date diff() function. But when I searched for it, it wasn't available. So I'm guessing it is an available function for mysql, but not for oracle databases. Is that right? Is there another function that might be equivalent I could try?

You are correct, the DATEDIFF() function used in the video is a MySQL function, although other Relational databases might have the same or similar function names for this operation.

However, i think for Oracle (not sure of the latest versions) there is no DATEDIFF(), but rather Oracle allows you to simply subtract one date from another. You may have to re-cast to a DATE datatype first... e.g. if date appears as STRING, etc.

Here's an example:

SELECT TO_DATE('2023-01-02', 'YYYY-MM-DD') - TO_DATE('2000-03-01', 'YYYY-MM-DD') AS DateDiff
FROM dual

Hope this helps.

OK, that confirms what I thought. At least, inside the Cleanse > Calculated Column Step, the suggestion gives: Exception Message: Function not found
Parameter name: TO_DATE. Maybe there isn't an equivalent for Oracle...