Issue with settings migration - Highlighting Styles not migrated

This has been an issue for a long time, but upgrading from 4.0 to 4.1 today has brought it up again so I figured it’s time to post it. When upgrading from TDP to a new version, and migrating the settings per the on screen prompts, the Editor’s highlighting styles are not migrated. The settings in Editor>General ARE migrated, like font, size, background color, etc, but the specific styles configured in Editor>Highlighting Styles are not.

In the mean time, for those that want to migrate manually, the xml files are located here: %appdata%\Quest Software\Toad Data Point 4.0\Templates\Languages

Hello amlloyd,

I’ve just tried to migrate the Editor’s Highlighting Styles from version 4.0.0.644 to version 4.1.0.226 (32 bit) and they were transferred without any problems.

Could you please describe exactly what styles do you have set? I tested Item foreground color for Text on SQL (Oracle) and SQL (DB2).

Thank you.

Libor

I have had this issue since 3.5ish, and on multiple computers. I’m presently on 4.1.0.226 64bit. I’ve changed the majority of the items for SQL Server. Like I said in my original post, I manually copied the xml file over so I am fine now, but I have always had issues with this migrating on its own.

We can’t debug if we can’t reproduce. From your last previous TDP (3.8, 4.0, etc) can you generate a support bundle and post. I would like to experiment with your files. Perhaps there is something different in them that we are not seeing.

I would also like to confirm that you are choosing to migrate all other files and it is just the highlighting styles that is not copied. All other settings are migrated, IE: connections, layouts, etc