Linking only one key

I’m pretty new to Data Modeler, but I’m having major trouble with my current situation. I have a table with two keys. One key is supposed to be sent to one table and the other is supposed to be sent to another table. When I create a relationship between the tables, I can’t seem to figure out how to delete the instance of the key that I don’t want that TDM creates automatically.

I did search the forums for help, but the only answer I had dealt with a foreign key being automatically sent to another table. The two keys I have originate in the table. If that helps explain anything.

Anyways, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi,

I guess what you have is an entity with one key and two attributes in the key, not two kyes with single attribute in each key.

I created a sample model for you, find it attached.

• Edit Entity1 and click tab Keys. There are two keys and in each key there is one attribute.
  • Edit Relationship2 and click tab Foreign Keys. Select Key2 item from the Parent Key combo box.

Regards,

Vaclav
model2keys.txp (41.5 KB)

Hi,

I guess what you have is an entity with one key and two attributes in the key, not two kyes with single attribute in each key.

I created a sample model for you, find it attached.

• Edit Entity1 and click tab Keys. There are two keys and in each key there is one attribute.
  • Edit Relationship2 and click tab Foreign Keys. Select Key2 item from the Parent Key combo box.

Regards,

Vaclav
tdm001.png