Lost toolbar on Editor lower pane

Hellooooooo,

In 17.0.341.1977, I've lost the toolbar in the lower pane of the Editor, just below each tab. I can right-click in the itty-bitty space between the tab header and it's output to get the buttons for some of the tabs, but not all:

I've tried resetting desktops and toolbars, but am stuck. Thoughts?

Thanks!
Rich

I think you are on the right track. Did you reset EDITOR desktop and toolbars? Right-click on Editor toolbar to do this, not Toad's main toolbar? Un-maximize the Editor to be sure...

Hey John,

Yup, I just tried resetting the Editor toolbars (a few dozen more times, in case the first dozen didn't work?). :smiley:

For kicks, I did "Restore Toolbar Defaults" (main and Editor), "Restore desktop defaults", closed the Editor, closed Toad, relaunched. Still no li'l toolbar showing.

I also tried "Revert to last saved desktop", but no luck.

I'm not sure when it disappeared on me. I noticed a few days ago when I went to click on the Data Grid controls that I needed to use the bottom buttons (which are still there), but my sleep-deprived brain didn't register that until I needed to control the DBMS_OUTPUT last night.

Thanks!
Rich

This is really weird. I don't see where we are storing that toolbar's settings anywhere.

Main menu -> View -> DBMS Output opens the same code as a self-contained window. Do you see the same thing there?

The solo DBMS_OUTPUT window looks like it should, with its own toolbar (shown in my screenshot as the right-click popup menu) just below the main toolbar.

Thanks,
Rich

Looks like this is it:

1 Like

That's it! Thanks John for pointing me to another of a set of ever-diminishing options that I don't think I've ever looked at in 25 years of using Toad. (yet I somehow managed to uncheck it!)

Rich

We need an option to hide unwanted options! :joy: Kidding!

1 Like