Unfortunately, I keep failing to simulate the problem.
Here is what I do:
- I select Settings | Options | Physical Model | Synchronize NotNull with Mandatory Parent checkbox is selected. - Do you have the same?
- I create two entities, parent with a PK attribute. (PG 8.2 model)
- I add a non-identifying relationship.
- I open the Relationship Properties dialog and the Entity Properties form of child entity | Attributes tab - both dialogs at the same time.
- In the Relationship Properties dialog, I select the Mandatory Parent checkbox and click Apply.
- As soon as I click Apply, NotNull checkbox is automatically selected for the FK attribute in child entity.
So, it seems to work fine for me.
If I understand well, NotNull of your FK attribute is not selected after you confirm Apply in the Relationship Properties dialog and you have to clear and select the Mandatory Parent checkbox of the relationship again. Is that right?
Please cofirm I take the same steps as you.
Also, please see what settings for the Synchronization you have set in Options. Thanks for the details.
P.S. Manny, if the problem remains, could you please send us the part of your model where it occurs? (to email@example.com). Thanks very much.
Message was edited by: vladka - P.S. note