MVs appearing in Tables tab in TDA2.5

Hello,

A user was wondering if there is a way for Materialized Views to show up with tables in the tables tab. In Toad for Oracle 9.1, MVs show up in the Tables tab of the schema browser and we were wondering if there is a way to replicate in TDA 2.5

Thank you,

Mike

There is a separate tab for Materialized Views that might not be showing by default. You can go to the Options | Explorer | Objects and select it to show as a separate tab. See screenshot.

Or we can change the SQL Dictionary to list MVs in the Table type. Let me know if you want to do this. I'd have to work this out and test.

Debbie

Debbie,

We were hoping to go with the second option you provided, “Or we can change the SQL Dictionary to list MVs in the Table type. Let me know if you want to do this. I’d have to work this out and test.”

We already had the first option in place, we want the MVs to actually show up with the tables in the same type.

Thanks,

Mike

Okay. I will look into building these. I have some time next week to spend on this.

Debbie

Okay, I have tweaked the SQL in the dictionary to include MViews. It doesn’t change the icon and lists them as a Standard table type but they are in the list and the Browser and Query Builder work properly with them.

To update your dictionary go to your About box and click on the Application Data Directory and unzip the attached file into this directory. You will need to restart the application for this SQL to take affect.

Debbie
SqlDictionary.zip (703 Bytes)

Debbie,

Thanks for all of your assistance, this issue has been fixed.

Thanks,

Mike