We’ve been having the same problems at our site. If memory serves me right, sharing .tsm files was actually easier in the 1.x series of TDA – you could override the connection by double-clicking on the connection you wanted to use.
In 2.0 and newer, the user either has to type over the username/password of the user who created the .tsm file, or they have to use the other user’s password and cannot overwrite the username.
I contacted Quest a few weeks ago and this is the response I got:
“This could definitely work better. We save the connection information in the TSM file but it does not let the user opening the TSM easily select different connection information. This is considered a bug and will be resolved in the next release this summer.”
I just did some tests in 22.214.171.1243 beta and I still can’t share .tsm files between different users who have different usernames on the same database.