Toad World® Forums

Newly created columns missing in visual report

Hi All, I am new to TDP, while exploring TDP 4.0 I came across this issue. I executed a query created new columns through data transform & cleanse feature, saved the file as “demo.tct” and thought of making a visual report on this file. When I invoked data visualization option and selected “demo.tct” file I am unable to find any of the newly created columns. Is this the default feature or something that has just been added newly? Is there a way to use user created tct files which I am missing?

Thanks,

yusuf

Yusuf,

The result table of transform & cleanse need to be staged in other media to be used. There are 3 ways to stage the result:

• export it to a file
  • save it to local storage
  • publish it to a TIC server
    In your case, I will suggest save the result to a table in local storage first, and do visualization of the table.

Hope it helps.

Hi Kiki,

Thanks for your suggestions J

Thanks & Regards,

Yusuf Ansari

Sent: Saturday, September 24, 2016 12:11 AM

To: toaddatapoint@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad Data Point - Discussion Forum] Newly created columns missing in visual report

RE: Newly created columns missing in visual report

Reply by Kiki

Yusuf,

The result table of transform & cleanse need to be staged in other media to be used. There are 3 ways to stage the result:

• export it to a file
  • save it to local storage
  • publish it to a TIC server as a table.
    In your case, I will suggest save the result to a table in local storage first, and do visualization of the table.

Hope it helps.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad Data Point Forum
notifications altogether.

Toad Data Point - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.