ooups, you did it again - formatter behavior change 12.8->12.9 - how do I change alias alignment?

Hello

I just installed the new Toad version 12.9.

- SELECT DISTINCT pave.name pave_name
+ SELECT DISTINCT pave.name pave_name
                       , pave.version_nr pave_version
, pave.pave_id
- FROM pac_function_model fumo
- , pac_zuo_pave_fumo pafu
- , pac_parameter_set pase
+ FROM pac_function_model fumo
+ , pac_zuo_pave_fumo pafu
+ , pac_parameter_set pase

With this version you introduced table alias alignment.

``

This again hides real changes among the white space changes and makes it hard to have team members working with different Toad versions. (as not all may have access to the update at the same time)

How do I configre fmtplus to not align the table aliases?

Thanks!

bye

Thomas

Hello Thomas,

This has been raised a few times in the last days. See http://www.toadworld.com/products/toad-for-oracle/f/10/t/30935 or http://www.toadworld.com/products/toad-for-oracle/f/10/t/30965 .

We implemented a scheme to avoid such automatic changes in the future. During the next few days Toad 12.9 will have a formatter that formats the 12.8 way, with the option to enable the column/table alignment whenever you want it, later on.

If you can’t wait then you could temporarily overwrite the file qp5.dll by version 5.293 of that file which is the version shipped with Toad 12.8.
Please note that copying and using older components is only something that can be done per developer/support advice, as at times such operation could break your Toad.

Hopes this helps,
Andre

Hello Andre,

thanks for the quick reply.

During the next few days Toad 12.9 will have a formatter that formats the 12.8 way, with the option to enable the column/table alignment whenever you want it, later on.
How can I register to be informed about this new release?
If you can't wait
Depends on what "a few days" means... ;o)
Can you give a rough estemate?

Thanks a lot!

bye

Thomas

If all goes well then I’ll be able to pass the new component to Toad team today or tomorrow the latest. Then it’s up to them to insert it into the new beta, but generally that’s the next beta.

Watch out for file qp5.dll with version 5.296, that’s the guy.

Thanks,
Andre

Hello Andre

Then it's up to them to insert it into the new beta,
How will I know that this beta is available?
will it be announced on ToadWorld web site?

bye
Thomas

Hi Thomas,

Yes, it will be posted on TW in the Toad for Oracle beta forum. We should be releasing the new beta (12.10) sometime this week If you’re not part of the beta program, I would recommend signing up for it, so you get the notifications when new betas are out.

Thanks,

Dennis

Hello Andree,

Beta 12.10.0.5 did not solve the problem.

bye

Thomas

The change has been made available only shortly after the release of 12.10 beta. Expect it in the next beta(s).

Hello Andre

The new Beta made it even worse!

12.10.0.5 introduces 20 changes to my biggest PLSQL script (the new alias alignment).

12.10.0.6 introduces 2013 changes. You fixed the table alias alingment "bug" but introduced a lot of other unwanted changes which are even worse since they introduce new linebreaks which makes thacking changes even worse. See the attaches screeenshot for examples.

please revert your chences in the formatter.

bye
Thomas

Hello Andre

The new Beta made it even worse!

12.10.0.5 introduces 20 changes to my biggest PLSQL script (the new alias alignment).

12.10.0.6 introduces 2013 changes. You fixed the table alias alingment "bug" but introduced a lot of other unwanted changes which are even worse since they introduce new linebreaks which makes thacking changes even worse. See the attaches screeenshot for examples.

please revert your chences in the formatter.

bye
Thomas

Thomas,

Andre is already aware of this and will be creating an update ASAP that we’ll push out for the beta (hopefully tomorrow but possibly Monday)

Greg

www.toadworld.com/…/31018

sorry for the double post,

after 3 hours not showing up i thought the first one has been lost…

by
Thomas

beta 12.10.0.7 fixed the problem for me.

Thanks

bye
Thomas