Pick list aborts with ORA-01005 when connected via PROXY log-in

Hello IT-Colleagues,

I hope you can help me out here!

Since 12.5. pick list does not work any more when connected via PROXY, it even throws ORA-01005 when I want to trigger it or when the intervall is over.

It works fine only if I am NOT connected with a proxy.

Thanks for any help!

I can't reproduce the ORA-1005, but it won't work with the ANSI join on more than one table anyway. There was a bug in 12.5 and 12.6 where ANSI join on more than one table fails. A single JOIN is OK. This has been fixed for 12.7 which is currently in beta.

I created my proxy user...

create user scott_proxy identified by scott_proxy;

grant create session to scott_proxy;

alter user scott grant connect through scott_proxy;

...and connected to Toad using SCOTT_PROXY[SCOTT]/scott_proxy. At this point I can see queries being executed fine by viewing the spooled SQL output, but the bug in 12.5/6 is preventing anything useful from coming of it. I tried with the save passwords option
both on and off.

Michael

On 03/19/2015 09:44 AM, stefan.polzer wrote:

Pick list aborts with ORA-01005 when connected via PROXY log-in

Thread created by stefan.polzer
Hello IT-Colleagues,

I hope you can help me out here!

Since 12.5. pick list does not work any more when connected via PROXY, it even throws ORA-01005 when I want to trigger it or when the intervall is over.

It works fine only if I am NOT connected with a proxy.

Thanks for any help!

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Hello Michael,

thanks a lot for the quick reply! My error message comes up regardless ANSI or ORACLE joins. I could also type SELECT FROM SYS. … and I would get the same error. So I assume the bug fixed in 12.7. will not help me, will it? It is so strange that it works out when connecting directly instead of proxy access. I have stored the passwords, btw.