QBA reports wrong backup type

Some of my DBs show only an archive log backup when a full was run. Included screen capture showing backup type, and file of RMAN list backup summary.

Bug_1.pdf (172 KB)

BUG_1RMANrpt.txt (23.1 KB)

Hi,

I’m trying to compare both outputfiles, but can’t seem to find any differences. As the list is quite long, it’s not easy to find any differences. Could you tell a backupsetnumber?
Could it also be that you’re thinking it’s stated as A, where you expect the F, but usually some archives are backed up prior/after the full.

I’ve included my output-files for the database I use for testing purposes (only one which can be connected, see also my other thread).

Hi,

I’m trying to compare both outputfiles, but can’t seem to find any differences. As the list is quite long, it’s not easy to find any differences. Could you tell a backupsetnumber?
Could it also be that you’re thinking it’s stated as A, where you expect the F, but usually some archives are backed up prior/after the full.

I’ve included my output-files for the database I use for testing purposes (only one which can be connected, see also my other thread).

I have not made my problem clear. Select the database from the overview. click on “Backups By Type”. “Whole Database Backups” offers 2 dates to choose. At this point in the day it should list 4 full backups dates. If I select “Archive Log Backups” I see a full range of dates and backup sets, both Archive Log and Full. The archive log and full backups are both started at 9:00, but the full backup is sometimes reported as a full and sometimes as an archive log. The RMAN list of backups shows all days, but QBA lists only 2. The confusion from QBA is the missing full backups dates available to select in the 'Started" field.

Hi,

In order to help diagnose the problem, could you answer some questions for me and run a couple of queries to collect some data?

yes.

Hi rbyrd_187,

Do you use OEM on this instance?

Can you send the output from:
select * from v$rman_backup_job_details
select * from v$rman_status
select * from v$backup_piece (limit the data to recid >= 12872 and recid < 12900)

Thank you

3 xls files output from your selects.

QBAbug#1v$rmanStat.xls (97.2 KB)

QBAbug#1.xls (38.9 KB)