Question for Converting script from old version

Hello,
I am considering to go from version 2.2.5 to version 3.5 and am doing some testing.

I stopped for a problem of converting a generation script. Is there a simple way to be able to convert or do I rewrite everything?

There is a guide that can help me to easily convert.
the example:
Old method -> new methods

Thanks

Hello,

Just to be sure we understand well - you have a script for SQL generation that you wrote and need to use in TDM 3.

Well, I’m afraid you will have to rewrite it. Scripting functionality + packages in TDM 3 are completely different.

If you have a simple script, you will have to rewrite it and execute in Scripting Window then.
If you have a template in TDM2, it will be much more difficult. In TDM 3 you will have to create a new package, new metamodel with appropriate methods and finally write a script. Unfortunately, this is something that you won’t manage to do alone.

Anyway, it depends on what you have, what changes you made, what you need etc. Our team is ready to help. Please do not hesitate to write us details and post the things you want to convert to modeling@quest.com. Our experts will see what we can do for you.

Thanks.

Regards,

Vladka + TDM Team

Message was edited by: vladka