Quick Export to Active Cell error in v5.5

I recently upgraded from v5.0 to v5.5 and immediately began experiencing an issue with the Quick Export -> Excel Instance at Active Cell (and Excel Instance). I receive an error which reads “Object does not match target type” and nothing is exported. Using the export wizard works without any issue.

I have updated all of the MS Office Windows Updates and installed the MS Office Interop Assemblies.

I recently tried to reinstall v5.0 (leaving v5.5 installed as well) and I am receiving the same message from v5.0 now. I haven’t tried to uninstall both and reinstall v5.0 in case an altered common file is the problem and hoping v5.0 will overwrite it with a clean install.

Is anyone experiencing the same thing? Quest suggests I use the Export Wizard as a workaround, but I don’t believe this is an acceptable alternative.

Here is the error log:
Thread (9) Export Started [8/18/2011 3:41:01 PM]
Thread (9) Export Wizard: Building object list
Thread (9) Exporting Data
Thread (9) Object Table Result Set started.
Thread (9) Object Table Result Set finished with error: Object does not match target type.
Thread (9) at System.RuntimeType.InvokeDispMethod(String name, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Object target, Object args, Boolean byrefModifiers, Int32 culture, String namedParameters)
at System.RuntimeType.InvokeMember(String name, BindingFlags bindingFlags, Binder binder, Object target, Object providedArgs, ParameterModifier modifiers, CultureInfo culture, String namedParams)
at System.Type.InvokeMember(String name, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object target, Object args, CultureInfo culture)
at Quest.Toad.ImportExport.Writers.WriterExcelInstance.TryCultureGetProperty(Type type, String property, Object target, Object args)
at Quest.Toad.ImportExport.Writers.WriterExcelInstance.InitializeExcelPIA()
at Quest.Toad.ImportExport.Writers.WriterExcelInstance.WriteHeader(Object tableObject)
at Quest.Toad.ImportExport.ExportObjectData.StartTableWrite(Object context)
at Quest.Toad.ImportExport.ExportObjectData.Begin(LogEventHandler logEventHandler, Dictionary`2 connections, Object context)
Thread (9) Export Finished [8/18/2011 3:41:40 PM]

ToadErrorMessage.jpeg

Hi, I can Quick Expor| Excel Instance | Excel Instance At Active Cell. I get Excel file with correct exported data.
Environment: Client is WinXP2002 SP3. SQLserver 2008R2
TSS 5.5.

Can you give more details for this issue? Could you try to execute quick export on other instance (computer with different OS for example)?
I suppose Excel can be broken after updates. Have you checked Quick Export function in TSS 5.0 now?

Message was edited by: MariaBM

Hi, I can Quick Expor| Excel Instance | Excel Instance At Active Cell. I get Excel file with correct exported data.
Environment: Client is WinXP2002 SP3. SQLserver 2008R2
TSS 5.5.

Can you give more details for this issue? Could you try to execute quick export on other instance (computer with different OS for example)?
I suppose Excel can be broken after updates. Have you checked Quick Export function in TSS 5.0 now?

Message was edited by: MariaBM