RE: Excel 2013 pivot grid resetting field to SUM when updating worksheet with automation script in Toad for Data Analysts

Are you automating this as shown in this video? I have note tested this with Excel 2013 but there shouldn’t be any issues.

http://www.toadworld.com/products/toad-data-point/m/media-library/586.aspx

Debbie

From: christy.mesenburg_406 [mailto:bounce-christymesenburg_406@toadworld.com]

Sent: Monday, June 10, 2013 8:48 AM

To: toaddatapoint@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad Data Point - Discussion Forum] Excel 2013 pivot grid resetting field to SUM when updating worksheet with automation script in Toad for Data Analysts

I have an automation script updating an excel 2013 worksheet that is used by the other worksheets for pivot grids. All pivot tables with fields set to ‘count’ are changing to ‘sum’ when data
is updated. The fields are text fields so if anything they should be automatically being set to count with Excel functionality…but something is occuring when the automation script writes to the workbook. I have even tried using a macro to clear the worksheet
I am writing to only and not overwriting in the script in attemp to save the format of the rest of the pivot worksheets - but that doesn’t resolve the issue.

I am using Toad for Data Analysts 3.1.0.638.

Has anyone seen this issue?

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from General
notifications altogether.

Toad Data Point - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

I meant to type 2010 for Excel. I do automate it similar to your video. The data refreshes fine, but something happens to the pivot tables on the other tabs during the update.

If I run my data seperate and then just paste it in to the Excel spreadsheet and hit refresh all for the pivots the pivots function properly. They aren’t complex pivots, but I have two on each worksheet that then display a graph so using Toads functionality to create the pivot itself isn’t an option.

Can you post an example of your file that is having the issue? Also post the automation script you use to populate data.

Debbie

Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2013 9:32 AM

Subject: RE: [Toad Data Point - Discussion Forum] RE: Excel 2013 pivot grid resetting field to SUM when updating worksheet with automation script in Toad for Data Analysts

RE: RE: Excel 2013 pivot grid resetting field
to SUM when updating worksheet with automation script in Toad for Data Analysts

Reply by christy.mesenburg_406

I meant to type 2010 for Excel. I do automate it similar to your video. The data refreshes fine, but something happens to the pivot tables on the other tabs during the update.

If I run my data seperate and then just paste it in to the Excel spreadsheet and hit refresh all for the pivots the pivots function properly. They aren’t complex pivots, but I have two on each
worksheet that then display a graph so using Toads functionality to create the pivot itself isn’t an option.

Or
Unsubscribe from General

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Can I send my files to your e-mail and then we can post the solution? I would rather not post my data. I believe I only have your old e-mail address? Thank you - Christy

Sure. Send to me at:

debbie.peabody@quest.com

Sent: Monday, June 24, 2013 8:04 AM

Subject: RE: [Toad Data Point - Discussion Forum] RE: Excel 2013 pivot grid resetting field to SUM when updating worksheet with automation script in Toad for Data Analysts

RE: RE: Excel 2013 pivot grid resetting field
to SUM when updating worksheet with automation script in Toad for Data Analysts

Reply by christy.mesenburg_406

Can I send my files to your e-mail and then we can post the solution? I would rather not post my data. I believe I only have your old e-mail address? Thank you - Christy

Or
Unsubscribe from General

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Thank you for the files. I can reproduce your exact issue in TDP 3.2. However, this does not occur in TDP 3.3. We did some work to support pivot grids and graphs and this got fixed in this work. Please upgrade to TDP 3.3 and try it out.

Debbie