RE: Where statements (UNCLASSIFIED)

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE
Thanks for the prompt response.
Basically, our database was set up by a non-database person. We have a series of 8 identifiers (UIC through UIC8). Each individual identified does not have to have all 8 but each one is unique. Going back to my original statement, we don’t know in what place an identifier might be. For example, the identifier W8BLFF might be in any of the 8 places. I know that I can write code like this:
((CASE_INFORMATION.UIC2 LIKE ‘W8BL%’)
OR (CASE_INFORMATION.UIC3 LIKE ‘W8BL%’)
OR (CASE_INFORMATION.UIC4 LIKE ‘W8BL%’))
But I’d like to be able to put in something like:
((CASE_INFORMATION.UIC3 OR CASE_INFORMATION.UIC4) LIKE ‘W8BL%’). This is something that we use quite often and typing in a 6 digit code multiple times allows for a lot of opportunity for human error. What I’m trying to do is get it so that the target UIC is only typed in once. Thanks.
Tim Payne
Stat Team Lead - ORSA
USACR/SC
(334)255-2075
email: james.t.payne20.civ@mail.mil
CAUTION: This electronic transmission may contain information protected by deliberative process or other privilege, which is protected from disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act, 5 U.S.C. § 552. The information is intended for the use of the individual or agency to which it was sent. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. Do not release outside of DoD channels without prior authorization from the sender. The sender provides no assurance as to the integrity of the content of this electronic transmission after it has been sent and received by the intended email recipient. -----Original Message-----
From: Joshua Liong [mailto:bounce-JoshuaLiong@toadworld.com] Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2014 7:35 PM
To: toaddatapoint@toadworld.com
Subject: RE: [Toad Data Point - Discussion Forum] Where statements
RE: Where statements Reply by Joshua Liong To tpyane:
I humbly apologize. I regret that I do not understand the context of this request.
Please let us know which feature of Toad Data Point you are utilizing, or if this is general SQL Construction. Giving us an example of what you currently have implemented would also help us with providing a solution catered to you.
We look forward to your response,
-Joshua Liong
To reply, please reply-all to this email.
Stop receiving emails on this subject.
Or Unsubscribe from Toad Data Point - General notifications altogether. Toad Data Point - Discussion Forum Flag this post as spam/abuse. Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE