Reading Sharepoint "Choice" column

How do I read a choice column in SharePoint a connection? I have SharePoint site cross connected with an Oracle connection.

I am using the export function and need to see the value of the column in a where clause. The query works great as long as it’s a “Single line of test”.

Using TDP 4.0 (latest) and SharePoint 2010.

Hi Bill,

I tried a SharePoint list with a choice column defined will have corresponding _Value and Value columns. Is it what you are looking for?

Yake

Good morning Kiki,

Here is the query I am attempting to use.

SELECT

COST_PLAN, RESOLVED

FROM SharePoint_OBS.FBDayGroupAExceptions

When “RESOLVED” is defined in SharePoint as a single lie of test, it works. When “RESOLVED” is defined as a choice, it doesn’t.

When defined as a choice, it returns a null no matter which choice is shown in the column.

Bill

Bill,

Please try refresh the table, I noticed that once the type changed to choice type, the column name changed too. See the screenshot below.

Good morning Yake,

I’m not exactly sure what you are asking.

What I am attempting to do is query a SharePoint column that is defined as a choice.

When I query the “choice defined” column I get a null value even though there are entries showing in the column.

If I go into SharePoint and change the column to be defined as “Single line of text”, and, then query the column, I get the correct value shown in the column.

Is this how TDP works, or, is there a different way for me to query a SharePoint column defined as a “Choice”?

Bill

Sent: Monday, August 08, 2016 5:03 PM

To: toaddatapoint@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad Data Point - Discussion Forum] Reading Sharepoint “Choice” column

*** This is an EXTERNAL email. Please exercise caution. DO NOT open attachments or click links from unknown senders or unexpected email. - STS-Security***

RE: Reading Sharepoint “Choice” column

Reply by Kiki

Hi Bill,

I tried a SharePoint list with a choice column defined will have corresponding _Value and Value columns. Is it what you are looking for?

Yake

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad Data Point Forum
notifications altogether.

Toad Data Point - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Bill,

Please go to object explorer and right click “Refresh Item” on list FBDayGroupAExceptions, you will notice that once the type of column RESOLVE changed to choice, the column RESOLVED becomes RESOLVED_Value and RESOLVEDValue.

Please modify the query to

SELECT

COST_PLAN, RESOLVED_Value

and run it.

Thanks!

Ah….I had a mind freeze. I see the column now.

Sorry,

Bill

Sent: Friday, August 12, 2016 12:35 PM

To: toaddatapoint@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad Data Point - Discussion Forum] Reading Sharepoint “Choice” column

*** This is an EXTERNAL email. Please exercise caution. DO NOT open attachments or click links from unknown senders or unexpected email. - STS-Security***

RE: Reading Sharepoint “Choice” column

Reply by Kiki

Bill,

Please go to object explorer and right click “Refresh Item” on list FBDayGroupAExceptions, you will notice that once the type of column RESOLVE changed to choice, the column RESOLVED becomes RESOLVED_Value and RESOLVEDValue.

Please modify the query to

SELECT

COST_PLAN, RESOLVED_Value

and run it.

Thanks!

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad Data Point Forum
notifications altogether.

Toad Data Point - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.