Script export to file without data grid

First off, apologies for the basic post. I’m new to toad coming from SQL management studio. I’m trying to export to .txt the results from a query (F5) but I keep getting the message “You have reached your low memory threshold” is there a way to run the script with a straight output to txt? I’ve tried database-> spool sql to file and then pressing F5 but still get the error. The query is a join among three tables for about 60K records and about 25 columns so given the data types nothing that shouldn’t be too hard to handle. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I get that if I have too many tabs and connections open or when I'very created too many tables.
To verify the error do you get it when you run just the query with shift [F9] ?

On Oct 18, 2017 7:03 AM, "AlexP1" bounce-AlexP1@toadworld.com wrote:

Thread created by AlexP1
First off, apologies for the basic post. I'm new to toad coming from SQL management studio. I'm trying to export to .txt the results from a query (F5) but I keep getting the message "You have reached your low memory threshold" is there a way to run the script with a straight output to txt? I've tried database-> spool sql to file and then pressing F5 but still get the error. The query is a join among three tables for about 60K records and about 25 columns so given the data types nothing that shouldn't be too hard to handle. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle Forum notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

Something to keep in mind with script execution is that the values are displayed as strings so when allocating memory to show your data, if you have a VARCHAR2(4000) setup, Toad has to allocate enough memory to store all 4k characters. the “bits” can add up very quickly depending on the data types involved.

Instead, whenever you want to do data exports, you should use F9. Then you can simply export the data set to whatever format you’d like.

Reply-To: "toadoracle@toadworld.com" toadoracle@toadworld.com

Date: Wednesday, October 18, 2017 at 8:03 AM

To: "toadoracle@toadworld.com" toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Script export to file without data grid

Thread created by AlexP1

First off, apologies for the basic post. I’m new to toad coming from SQL management studio. I’m trying to export to .txt the results from a query (F5) but I keep getting the message “You have reached your low memory threshold” is there a way to run the script with a straight output to txt? I’ve tried database-> spool sql to file and then pressing F5 but still get the error. The query is a join among three tables for about 60K records and about 25 columns so given the data types nothing that shouldn’t be too hard to handle. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle Forum
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

One more detail about F9 - if you export from an F9 grid, be sure to UNcheck “display all results in grid” in the export dialog. That re-executes your query in a way that does not load all rows into memory at the same time, so you should not run out of memory as long as that box is enabled but unchecked.

-John

Thank you.

Thanks.