Searching objects(Strored Procs)

say I have a 100 Stored Procedures, and I need to find a specific line in one of them and I’m not sure which one. Is there a way to search the contents of a Stored Proc, within Toad?

Seems like Object Search is the feature you may try. Press F4 or go to the Tool > Object Search. In the document that opens uncheck all objects under Search Objects Type and check Stored Procedures under Search Source Code of Object Type. And of course, you should type the text you’re searching for in the Search Text :slight_smile:

Hope this’ll help.

Igor.

Seems like Object Search is the feature you may try. Press F4 or go to the Tool > Object Search. In the document that opens uncheck all objects under Search Objects Type and check Stored Procedures under Search Source Code of Object Type. And of course, you should type the text you’re searching for in the Search Text :slight_smile:

Hope this’ll help.

Igor.

you are correct. I did forget to mention, we have the shareware version, and after you noted this, I checked and that option is “grayed” out… :frowning: Many thanks though, that gives me a reason to get mgmt in gear to get me a licensed version.