Set CURRENT_SCHEMA

I use the Set Current Schema quite a bit when trying to run SQL that was generated by other users and I run it as my user. And then switch tabs and try to run something as my user and have it fail because I’ve forgotten to switch my Current Schema back.

Because I have my option to create a new connection per tab, is it possible for the Current Schema alter statement only affect my current tab?

Phyllis Helton

Data Magician
Digital Strategies, Cru | Data Sciences & Analytics
Office :phone: 407-515-4452

phyllis.helton@cru.org

Hi,

If you use option “run Query in Threads” then Toad for each tab create own oracle session. This is really nice visible because commit in one tab is local-only for that tab-atomic one. This is of course unless you say “Apply commit/rollback to all tabs (threaded queries”, when commit becomes global.

So, form mine understanding, “set current schema” should then only remain in one tab-where statement was executed if you use run query in thread option.

At least worth to try.

Cheers,

Damir

That is what I would hope, but it isn't how it works. It alters the session for all tabs in that editor.

On Mon, Feb 9, 2015 at 6:14 AM, Damir Vadas bounce-damirvadas_250@toadworld.com wrote:

RE: Set CURRENT_SCHEMA

Reply by Damir Vadas
Hi,

If you use option "run Query in Threads" then Toad for each tab create own oracle session. This is really nice visible because commit in one tab is local-only for that tab-atomic one. This is of course unless you say "Apply commit/rollback to all tabs (threaded queries", when commit becomes global.

So, form mine understanding, "set current schema" should then only remain in one tab-where statement was executed if you use run query in thread option.

At least worth to try.

Cheers,

Damir

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

--
Phyllis Helton

Data Magician
Digital Strategies, Cru | Data Sciences & Analytics
Office :phone: 407-515-4452

phyllis.helton@cru.org

Pitty.

But keep always in mind that Toad must generate “new sessions” to achieve many of the features. And this is sometimes still not accomplished because feature is not implemented yet.

P.S.

However, if you find this interesting and You can always add this to suggestion list at Toad Idea pond:

www.toadworld.com/…/default.aspx

Brg

Damir