Small Defect - Toad v12.1.0.14 Team Coding - Add File - No comments in Controlled Objects Tab

Hi,

First - you’ve done an awesome job improving the Team Coding handling of non-database files in this latest version. I have throughly tested it and it works very well.

Displaying and handling the non-database files in the Controlled Objects tab is just what our lead developer wanted. This makes everything very easy to understand and use.

I found one defect, which we would like corrected in this version, please. I’ve also attached a document with screenshots.

[View:~/cfs-file.ashx/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/86/Defect-Team-Coding-Add-File-2D00-Toad-v12_2D00_1-Beta-Testing.docx:550:0]

Defect – When ADDING a new non-database file in Team Coding (type = script), the VCS Browser is updated successfully with the comment, but the same file listed in the Controlled Objects tab does not display the same comment.

• New file successfully added to VCS. File appears in VCS Browser tab with available icon (green check mark) if a Code Collection group exists for this script type (ie. .sql, .tbl, .idx, etc.). Very Good!
  • New file immediately displayed in the Controlled Objects tab. File appears with available icon (green check mark) if a Code Collection group exists for this script type (ie. .sql, .tbl, .idx, etc.). Very Good!
  • Defect – the comment entered when adding the new file does not display in the Controlled Objects tab. (also not in TC_OBJSTATUS.PSL_COMMENTS).
  • Could you please fix this version to display the comments in the Controlled Objects tab also?
    Thanks!

**Kind regards,

Cindy

Senior Project Manager

Canada WCBU FDC Consolidation Project

Phone: 403-532-5326

Cell: 403-615-4541**

This same defect occurs when adding a new database object file.

Hello Cindy

We are in deep code freeze for Toad 12.1 . as the GA candidate is being delivered this week.

Testing this in Toad 12.1 GA candidate, checking in objects and files from the Dashboard VCS Browser is saving comments to the Controlled Object tab and the
history in TFS.

I see the problem adding the object/file for the first time as the comments dialog is not turned on by default. I worked around this by turning on the ‘Prompt
for Check Out Comment’. Option in Options – Source Control.

If I am understanding the issue correctly, automatically opening the comment dialog when checking out an object that is not in the database would fix the issue.
Which I am adding to the list for 12.5. Here are the steps I used.

Set up a code collection for scripts (I think the issue is the same for database objects).

Turn on option to ‘Prompt for Check out Comment’

Open / create controlled script in the editor. ‘Check out’ becomes enabled in Team Coding Tool bar.

Check out the object. Comment Dialog opens. Enter Comment.

Object and Comments are visible in Controlled Objects Tab.

Comments are visible in TFS Source control history.

Please let me know if this works for you.

Regards

Stephen

From: Cindy Kennedy [mailto:bounce-cindykennedy@toadworld.com]

Sent: Tuesday, August 20, 2013 6:30 PM

To: toadoraclebeta@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] Small Defect - Toad v12.1.0.14 Team Coding - Add File - No comments in Controlled Objects Tab

Small Defect - Toad v12.1.0.14
Team Coding - Add File - No comments in Controlled Objects Tab

Thread created by Cindy Kennedy

Hi,

First - you’ve done an awesome job improving the Team Coding handling of non-database files in this latest version. I have throughly tested it and it works very well.

Displaying and handling the non-database files in the Controlled Objects tab is just what our lead developer wanted. This makes everything very easy to understand and use.

I found one defect, which we would like corrected in this version, please. I’ve also attached a document with screenshots.

Defect
Team Coding Add File - Toad v12-1 Beta Testing.docx

Defect – When
ADDING a new non-database file in Team Coding (type = script), the VCS Browser is updated successfully with the comment, but the
same file listed in the Controlled Objects tab does not display the same comment.

• New file successfully added to VCS. File appears in VCS Browser tab with available icon (green check mark) if a Code Collection group exists for this script type (ie. .sql, .tbl, .idx, etc.). Very
    Good!
  • New file immediately displayed in the Controlled Objects tab. File appears with available icon (green check mark) if a Code Collection group exists for this script type (ie. .sql, .tbl, .idx, etc.).
    Very Good!
  • Defect – the comment entered when adding the new file does not display in the Controlled Objects tab. (also not in TC_OBJSTATUS.PSL_COMMENTS).
  • Could you please fix this version to display the comments in the Controlled Objects tab also?
    Thanks!

**Kind regards,

****Cindy

****Senior Project Manager

****Canada WCBU FDC Consolidation Project

****Phone:
403-532-5326

Cell: 403-615-4541**

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.