Sorting of functions and procedures are missing in Navigator of Editor

Just noticed that in the 12.8.0.21 and 12.8.0.22 version the sorting of the functions and procedures in the navigator is gone, while I’m editing a package.

This is a very big package with a lot of functions that are grouped together logically, but the names are going everywhere. This makes it hard in finding code.

Please give us the default sorting back of the previous 12.7 version or make options to sort the navigator (could not find such options).

I ran across this yesterday as well. It's on the to-do list.

Thanks,

Michael

On Sep 4, 2015, at 3:22 AM, w.delange bounce-wdelange@toadworld.com wrote:

Sorting of functions and procedures are missing in Navigator of Editor

Thread created by w.delange
Just noticed that in the 12.8.0.21 and 12.8.0.22 version the sorting of the functions and procedures in the navigator is gone, while I'm editing a package.

This is a very big package with a lot of functions that are grouped together logically, but the names are going everywhere. This makes it hard in finding code.

Please give us the default sorting back of the previous 12.7 version or make options to sort the navigator (could not find such options).

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

When will this be in place again? Its hopeless to use this version of TOAD for us without this feature.

The options have changed from prior versions to be a bit less granular. Sorting of package members is supported still, but you can’t set sorting position on a per-type basis as before. In the Navigator options make sure that “Sort PL/SQL elements” is checked.