Toad 8.6.1.0 SQL Editor won't allow editing

I have found that recently the SQL editor refuses to let me edit anything. If I use the schema browser to generate a select statemnt to the clipboard and paste it in the editor, I can’t change it. I have to first paste it in some other text editor to edit it and then paste as is in the sql editor to run. If I need to tweak it some more, I need to do it in the text editor and then paste it in a new sql editor tab. It’s really irritating.

Search engines lead to discussions of team coding, but that’s not installed. Other discussions referred to READONLY, but I can update databases.

I do recall that for some reason one day a coupd of months ago all of my saved connections were missing. This is arounf the time I noticed the SQL Editor acting up.

I have encountered exactly the same issue but did not see any reply. Can someone please help?

Can you provide some more detail to what you're doing leading up to the read-only Editor? Is it read-only immediately upon starting Toad and making a connection or only after some event(s)?

Possible reasons for read-only Editor...

1. File is loaded and read-only
  2. Editor has an active debug session in play or possibly another Editor for the same connection is debugging
  3. Team Coding is in use and has made Editor read-only

Toad 8.6 is very old and I no longer have the source readily accessible to look for other possibilities.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

My PC was suddenly turn off due to a power trip. The toad application was open at that time before the sudden power cut off. After the power was restored, I restarted my PC and open Toad.

I then realised all my saved connections were missing. This is around the time when I noticed the SQL Editor no longer allow me to edit.

Please help what issue could have caused the Toad SQL Editor to become un-editable. Thanks.

Sounds like Toad got pretty banged up. Have you tried uninstall/reinstall of Toad?

Yes I guess this is the last resolution I will take to uninstall and reinstall Toad if there are no other alternative available.

Is there a way to change the registry related to Toad to overcome the issue?

I don't know what's causing the issue so don't know what to suggest to overcome other than uninstall/reinstall. Toad does not use registry in that way, all settings are stored in config files. Are you also on Toad 8.6 or some other version?