Toad Data Point stops working when entering a Case statement

I have been attempting to enter a Case statement in the query builder section of Toad Data Point version 3.7.1. I am entering the case statement in the calculated field area. Shortly after I finish typing “case when {columnname} …”, Toad gives me an error message and closes. The same statement entered into the sql editor works with no issues. Any ideas as to what might be wrong?

I am on 3.7.0.973 and have no problem creating a calculated field with a case statement. Are you using the calculated field dialog box? Also post your case statement so we can see it. Make sure you have an end at the end but no name for the field if you are using the dialog box as the name is already in the dialog box. Otherwise I don’t know why it is not working.

I had no problem setting this up today. However, Friday (9/25/15), I repeatedly had the same issue occur after trying the same case statement multiple times. Is it possible that the issue is occurring between Toad and our DB2 iseries database?

From: GregDavis11009 [mailto:bounce-GregDavis11009@toadworld.com]

Sent: Monday, September 28, 2015 10:59 AM

To: toaddatapoint@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad Data Point - Discussion Forum] Toad Data Point stops working when entering a Case statement

RE: Toad Data Point stops working when entering a Case statement

Reply by GregDavis11009

I am on 3.7.0.973 and have no problem creating a calculated field with a case statement. Are you using the calculated field dialog box? Also post your case statement so we can see it. Make sure you have an end at the end but no name for the field if you are using the dialog box as the name is already in the dialog box. Otherwise I don’t know why it is not working.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad Data Point - General
notifications altogether.

Toad Data Point - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.