TOAD DB2 LUW 5.5 - Wrong behavior for ALTER FEDERATED SERVER option for db browser

HI,

I am working with various DB2 LUW versions in very complex federated environments. Currently we are using TOAD for DB2 5.5.

I observed big issue when i want to alter some of options for federated server. For example, when i want to alter some of options (DBNAME, DB2_MAXIMAL_PUSHDOWN, etc) for existing federated server without dropping, i am using the following sql statements from editor or cmd :

ALTER SERVER DBA_TEST OPTIONS(ADD DB2_MAXIMAL_PUSHDOWN ‘Y’);

ALTER SERVER DBA_TEST OPTIONS (SET DBNAME 'NEW_DBNAME);

But, if i want to do it from db browser from “alter server” option, SQL script is generated with DROP/CREATE server statement which is devastating if you have depending objects, because when you drop server, all dependent nicknames are dropped, and when all nicknames are dropped, all mqt tables which depends on nicknames are dropped automatically.

This can be reproduced on Linuxx64 DB2 LUW 10.1.2 DPF server and MQT tables with nicknames.

Thank you,

Ivan Milojevic

Ivan

Thanks for the information. Let us investigate this a bit and we will get back to you.

We appreciate your input.

Jeff

We have confirmed that this is a bug and have opened up issue TDB-65 to track this.

Thanks again for your input.

Hi Jeff,

Thank you.

Ivan