Toad DM Slow Export Process

I am trying to export a 30 table data this process usually takes 30 seconds or less, but today it’s taking minutes to complete or crashing all together. I rebooted my machine and it ran in seconds. When I tried again 30 minutes later, it’s take 30 minutes or more. has anyone experienced this type of behavior ?

Hi Mike,

Could you tell us more about your TDM version, database platform/version of your model and what kind of export are you doing?

Regards,

Lukas

I’m on TDM Version 5.5.3.20. The model dbms is SQLServer 2012 and I’m doing an export to Excel of about 40 tables. I ran it this morning about restarting my laptop and it ran in 20 seconds.

Hi again Mike,

I’m afraid we can’t reproduce the problem, even after doing several exports to Excel in a row, often exporting a large model, the duration of the export was the same.

Could you possibly send us your model (via e-mail)? If it is a model-specific issue, we should discover it quickly that way.

Regards,

Lukas

Hi Lukas,

Yes, I can send you a model. The next time I experience the issue, I’ll send you the model. I haven’t had the opportunity to do an export today.

Thanks,

Mike

Michael O’Malley

Data Architect

DEG Data Management Team

MOMalley@DEGdigital.com

From: Lukas Knapek [mailto:bounce-LukasKnapek@toadworld.com]

Sent: Monday, April 4, 2016 6:03 AM

To: tdm@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad Data Modeler - Discussion Forum] Toad DM Slow Export Process

RE: Toad DM Slow Export Process

Reply by Lukas Knapek

Hi again Mike,

I’m afraid we can’t reproduce the problem, even after doing several exports to Excel in a row, often exporting a large model, the duration of the export was the same.

Could you possibly send us your model (via e-mail)? If it is a model-specific issue, we should discover it quickly that way.

Regards,

Lukas

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad Data Modeler - General
notifications altogether.

Toad Data Modeler - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.