Toad for Mac scrubbed from Toad Oracle community

I went looking for status on previous questions posted by myself and others regarding Toad for Oracle Mac version. There are many bugs in that version and nebulous indicators from Toad/Dell indicating that they are simply going to abandon the product. Can we get some kind of official confirmation that Toad for Mac (needing to connect to Oracle) is dead? I think it’s really bad taste to both abandon a product without a clear statement AND to delete all previous forum posts on the subject. You should be clear with what you are doing in order for your customers to migrate to other products and vendors without this kind of lack of support.

Hi, we announced on the Toad World website in advance of the actions we took (to first remove the Toad for Mac Edition download, and then later the community for it on Toad World). I guess you didn’t see the announcements at the time…

“As of August 31, 2017 Quest will no longer offer Toad – Mac Edition freeware. The last day to download Toad – Mac Edition will be August 31, 2017. The Toad – Mac Edition Community on Toad World will remain online until September 30, 2017.”

Regards,

• Nate Gaffaney, Quest Software

Hi bluejaguar,

In May 2017, an announcement on the Toad World Community indicated that as of August 31, 2017, Toad – Mac Edition Freeware would no longer be available, and that the community would be removed on September 30, 2017.

Assuming that you are already running the product, you are welcome to continue using it. Moving forward, Mac support will be delivered on the Toad Edge platform. You can check out Toad Edge for MySQL here. I have also attached a pdf comparing the discontinued Mac Edition and Toad Edge. Toad Edge for MySQL is already available, Toad Edge for PostgreSQL is coming soon, and we are currently shaping plans for a Mac Edition that will support Oracle.

I don’t have any additional timeline information to share with you, but I would be interested in a discussion about your organization and use cases to help inform out choices as we plan the Oracle edition. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at richard.schiller@quest.com.
Toad Edge comparison to Toad - Mac Edition Freeware.pdf (347 KB)