Toad freezes in Citrix

Don't know if anyone else here is lucky enough to work with Citrix however, we've noticed that when we connect to a Citrix Published Desktop Toad freezes when attempting to open a Script. From Task Manager the Toad process (Toad.exe) CPU gets stuck at 25% and the application stays frozen. We've tried remoting onto the same server that presents the desktop via RDP and opening Toad and opening the same script and CPU hits 9% for a second and the script opens no problem.

Anyone else had issues running Toad off Citrix before?

You're not alone... many customers run Toad on Citrix or similar virtual environments.

Take a look at Quest's Support knowledge base to see if any of the suggetions may help. This link might be a good start...
https://support.quest.com/toad-for-oracle/kb/134662/how-to-run-toad-for-oracle-on-a-citrix-system-

If not, might want to open a Support ticket and talk to a live engineer.

Thanks Gary, glad I am not alone in this case - thanks for the informative link I'll make sure to review this and contrast with our implementation.

Managed to review the article now, but I was not around when it was installed and no one who was around can remember so bit stuck on that.

However, I have managed to test with a new user account and with the local administrator account on the Xenapp and it freezes at precisely the same point.

The Scripts are stored on a Network Share and when sometimes attempting to click on the script the application hangs.

The hang also registers two events in Event Viewer:

Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: AppHangB1
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: Toad.exe
P2: 12.1.0.22
P3: 521f757c
P4: 09bf
P5: 0
P6:
P7:
P8:
P9:
P10:

Attached files:

These files may be available here:
C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppHang_Toad.exe_d04baccca19bf42ac125ae5c8fbd52e7d8d1ad90_391b512d

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: 52c731e9-c066-11ea-8099-005056827dfd

and

The program Toad.exe version 12.1.0.22 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.
Process ID: 7e1c
Start Time: 01d6547150eb7d05
Termination Time: 14
Application Path: C:\Program Files\Quest Software\Toad for Oracle 12.1\Toad.exe
Report Id: 52c731e9-c066-11ea-8099-005056827dfd

I have checked in Action Center, but nothing is registered in the Problem History.

Have also verified with the new user account and remote desktop onto the same Servers does not hit this issue its only when connected via Citrix. Think I may need to open a support ticket for this one.