Toad Fridays....

ARrrrggg… thar be rats abondenin’ me ship… time for me ta be
a’leavin. See ye aboard the new ship when she sets sail!

Roger S.

Roger,

ARrrrggg... thar be rats abondenin' me ship... time for me ta be
a'leavin. See ye aboard the new ship when she sets sail!

I think this means that you are leaving your current position and will
be back when you sign up for another position? If so, good luck (ye
scurvy dog!)

Cheers,
Norm. [TeamT]

Information in this message may be confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify the sender immediately, delete it and do not copy it to anyone else. We have checked this email and its attachments for viruses. But you should still check any attachment before opening it. We may have to make this message and any reply to it public if asked to under the Freedom of Information Act, Data Protection Act or for litigation. Email messages and attachments sent to or from any Environment Agency address may also be accessed by someone other than the sender or recipient, for business purposes. If we have sent you information and you wish to use it please read our terms and conditions which you can get by calling us on 08708 506 506. Find out more about the Environment Agency at www.environment-agency.gov.uk

Information in this message may be confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify the sender immediately, delete it and do not copy it to anyone else.

We have checked this email and its attachments for viruses. But you should still check any attachment before opening it.
We may have to make this message and any reply to it public if asked to under the Freedom of Information Act, Data Protection Act or for litigation. Email messages and attachments sent to or from any Environment Agency address may also be accessed by someone other than the sender or recipient, for business purposes.

If we have sent you information and you wish to use it please read our terms and conditions which you can get by calling us on 08708 506 506. Find out more about the Environment Agency at www.environment-agency.gov.uk

I think this means that you are leaving your current position

and will be back when you sign up for another position?

LOL, nah… just meant it was time for the weekend to start…

Although I can see how you might have thought that :slight_smile:

I have a rule regarding work: work does not come home!

Roger S.

glad to hear it! that would have been an abrupt departure for so active a
member. : )

the only people that do not take work home here in the US are subsidised
government ‘workers’ and BP

speaking of which…i sent my resume to tony but havent heard back?
Martin Gainty

Verzicht und Vertraulichkeitanmerkung/Note de déni et de confidentialité

Diese Nachricht ist vertraulich. Sollten Sie nicht der vorgesehene Empfaenger
sein, so bitten wir hoeflich um eine Mitteilung. Jede unbefugte Weiterleitung
oder Fertigung einer Kopie ist unzulaessig. Diese Nachricht dient lediglich dem
Austausch von Informationen und entfaltet keine rechtliche Bindungswirkung.
Aufgrund der leichten Manipulierbarkeit von E-Mails koennen wir keine Haftung
fuer den Inhalt uebernehmen.

Ce message est confidentiel et peut être privilégié. Si vous n’êtes pas le destinataire prévu, nous te demandons avec bonté que pour satisfaire informez l’expéditeur. N’importe quelle diffusion non autorisée ou la copie de ceci est interdite. Ce message sert à l’information seulement et n’aura pas n’importe quel effet légalement obligatoire. Étant donné que les email peuvent facilement être sujets à la manipulation, nous ne pouvons accepter aucune responsabilité pour le contenu fourni.

[Attachment(s) from brian.keegan@farmersinsurance.com included below]

Tony has been a little busy saying dumb things on TV lately.

This morning on NPR they called him the slowest talking Englishman in
America.

Martin Gainty

com> To
         Sent by: TOAD Yahoogroup
         toad@yahoogroups.
         com cc

Subject
         06/07/2010 13:45 RE: [toad] Toad Fridays....

Please respond to
toad@yahoogroups.
com

the only people that do not take work home here in the US are subsidised
government ‘workers’ and BP

speaking of which…i sent my resume to tony but havent heard back?
Martin Gainty

Verzicht und Vertraulichkeitanmerkung/Note de déni et de confidentialité

Diese Nachricht ist vertraulich. Sollten Sie nicht der vorgesehene
Empfaenger sein, so bitten wir hoeflich um eine Mitteilung. Jede unbefugte
Weiterleitung oder Fertigung einer Kopie ist unzulaessig. Diese Nachricht
dient lediglich dem Austausch von Informationen und entfaltet keine
rechtliche Bindungswirkung. Aufgrund der leichten Manipulierbarkeit von
E-Mails koennen wir keine Haftung fuer den Inhalt uebernehmen.

Ce message est confidentiel et peut être privilégié. Si vous n’êtes pas le
destinataire prévu, nous te demandons avec bonté que pour satisfaire
informez l’expéditeur. N’importe quelle diffusion non autorisée ou la copie
de ceci est interdite. Ce message sert à l’information seulement et n’aura
pas n’importe quel effet légalement obligatoire. Étant donné que les email
peuvent facilement être sujets à la manipulation, nous ne pouvons accepter
aucune responsabilité pour le contenu fourni.

To: toad@yahoogroups.com

Morning Roger,

LOL, nah... just meant it was time for the weekend to start...
Phew! Who on Earth would I argue with! :wink:

Although I can see how you might have thought that :slight_smile:
English - a language designed (!) to be as confusing as possible. Made
up of little bits stolen, here and there, from any country who were
bored at the weekends and decided to invade!

I have a rule regarding work: work does not come home!
So do I. Unfortunately, my real office is at home, so I have no choice!

Glad to hear you were not leaving us after all.

Cheers,
Norm. [TeamT]

Information in this message may be confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify the sender immediately, delete it and do not copy it to anyone else. We have checked this email and its attachments for viruses. But you should still check any attachment before opening it. We may have to make this message and any reply to it public if asked to under the Freedom of Information Act, Data Protection Act or for litigation. Email messages and attachments sent to or from any Environment Agency address may also be accessed by someone other than the sender or recipient, for business purposes. If we have sent you information and you wish to use it please read our terms and conditions which you can get by calling us on 08708 506 506. Find out more about the Environment Agency at www.environment-agency.gov.uk

Information in this message may be confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify the sender immediately, delete it and do not copy it to anyone else.

We have checked this email and its attachments for viruses. But you should still check any attachment before opening it.
We may have to make this message and any reply to it public if asked to under the Freedom of Information Act, Data Protection Act or for litigation. Email messages and attachments sent to or from any Environment Agency address may also be accessed by someone other than the sender or recipient, for business purposes.

If we have sent you information and you wish to use it please read our terms and conditions which you can get by calling us on 08708 506 506. Find out more about the Environment Agency at www.environment-agency.gov.uk

I have an existing 10.5.0.41 Toad. Have to move from my desktop to laptop, so
I’ve installed 10.5.1.3 on the laptop.

Copied CONNECTIONS.INI and CONNECTIONPWDS.INI

Now connections do show up on my laptop, however there are no passwords stored.
Do I need to copy anything else?

Toad.ini is where the “save passwords” setting is kept, so you
should bring that one over as well.

Hi Leo,

I have an existing 10.5.0.41 Toad. Have to move from my
desktop to laptop, so I've installed 10.5.1.3 on the laptop.

Copied CONNECTIONS.INI and CONNECTIONPWDS.INI

Now connections do show up on my laptop, however there are
no passwords stored. Do I need to copy anything else?
I'm afraid you'll have to re-enter all your passwords when you next
connect. The passwords are encrypted and tied (somehow) to your login
username and/or machine.

I recently had to change my account from ndunbar to ndunbar-cg and all
my passwords went west. I'm working my way through them all again
whenever I connect to the database(s0 for the first time.

It's a security thing - saves someone from grabbing your connection
details and installing it on their desktop and having free access to the
accounts you use that they might not be allowed to.

Cheers,
Norm. [TeamT]

Thanks. The user names are the same (OS), the machine names are different…

Good point Norm. If you logon to your laptop using the same credentials as your desktop, you should be fine.

Copied Toad.ini. Did not make any difference.

If you copied over Toad.ini after the fact, it probably won’t work anyway.
Re-copy over all 3 files at the same time.

It worked EXACTLY as you said – copied all of the 3 files and passwords
are stored. Somewhere.

Thanks a lot.