Transform and Cleanse to sql editor

how do i write back the calculation done in transform and cleanse function to the sql editor , if the sql transform check box was unchecked ?

Hi,

The transform and Cleanse would not generate the SQL if you Don’t use SQL transform ( Uncheck SQL Transform check box ). So you can not have a sql to run it in SQL editor. If you need to have SQL generated please use SQL transform in calculated column rule.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks for your reply .

But in that case I can never go back to sql editor , if I have to make change to the query like add a new column or table ? And I always have to refer to .tct file instead of a sql file .

Thanks !

Taruna

From: Shruti.Golwalkar [mailto:bounce-ShrutiGolwalkar@toadworld.com]

Sent: Tuesday, October 27, 2015 4:54 PM

To: toaddatapoint@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad Data Point - Discussion Forum] Transform and Cleanse to sql editor

RE: Transform and Cleanse to sql editor

Reply by Shruti.Golwalkar

Hi,

The transform and Cleanse would not generate the SQL if you Don’t use SQL transform ( Uncheck SQL Transform check box ). So you can not have a sql to run it in SQL editor. If you need to have SQL generated please use SQL transform in calculated column rule.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad Data Point - General
notifications altogether.

Toad Data Point - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the person to whom it has been sent, and may contain information that is confidential or legally protected. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this message in error, you are not authorized to copy, distribute, or otherwise use this message or its attachments. Please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and permanently delete this message and any attachments. Gartner makes no warranty that this e-mail is error or virus free.

I would suggest you use the SQL transform functions to create the new calculated column ( whenever you can) so that you can have SQL generated. In that case you don’t have to refer to .tct file.